3-finger tap triggering multiple times?

Config: 2017 15" MBP, Monterey, Magic Trackpad, BTT 3.786 (1931)

I have configured BTT so that a three-finger tap on the trackpad in Firefox generates a middle click (to open a link in a new tab). It works fine most of the time, but periodically it will open 3-5 copies of the new tab. I haven't noticed the same thing happening on the built-in trackpad, but that could just be that I prefer to use the Magic Trackpad most of the time.
Other possibly useful item: I also have a 2021 M1 MBP with Monterey, also a Magic Trackpad, same BTT config and version. I have never had this happen on the other MBP (they're a couple of feet apart on my desk -- the one that's having the problem is my home machine, the other is my work machine).

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.): Magic trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2017 MBP w/TouchBar
  • macOS version: Monterey
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one") 3.786 (1931)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):