"2 Finger Swipe Left" occationally triggers twice

Describe the bug
I've assigned "2 Finger Swipe Left" as an alias to the ⌘← keyboard shortcut, for going one step back in browsers (and other navigable apps). However, sometimes the browser goes back by two pages.

First, I suspected the browser to do weird things, so to debug the issue, I attached an additional action that logs the current time to a file. This showed me that whenever my browser went back by two pages, the log file contained the same time twice as well — so BTT actually triggered the action twice.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Magic Mouse and Magic Mouse 2

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro mid 2015
  • macOS version: Mojave (10.14)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.698

Additional information:

• This issue could be hard to debug and solve, as it seems to have to do more with sensors and thresholds than with actual programming bugs.
    I've tried to create a workaround on my own by looking for a throttle feature in the "Advanced/Optional Gesture Settings", but couldn't find one. Such a setting would probably be a viable solution though.
  • This is not a regression bug, at least not in a pretty long time. I've experienced this behavior for many months, maybe even years, and just now decided to try and debug it myself.

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool :white_check_mark: and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). :white_check_mark: If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Completely by chance, I just found out what causes the occasional double trigger: It depends on the distance the fingers moved across the mouse. If I put my fingers on the far right of the mouse's surface and move them to the left slowly, I can trigger the "2 Finger Swipe Left" gesture up to 6 times.

If this is intended, I'd very much value a way to disable this behavior — some option like "Don't trigger this gesture multiple times without the fingers releasing the surface of the device". :slight_smile:

Ah that was indeed intended at the time this was implemented ,but I should add such an option.
For now you can set the sensitivity to a higher value, which makes it require a longer swipe:

This makes it unlikely to trigger it multiple times.

That's actually really helpful – thanks! :slight_smile: