Close All Notification Alerts / Notification Center not working

i've noticed that the "Close All Notification Alerts / Notification Center" is not working in some latest versions, though i don't from which version it stopped working. the triggers i am using for it, is the middle mouse button and also a keyboard shortcut, both of them does not work.

Affected input device: Normal Mouse, Keyboard

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac Studio
  • macOS version: macOS Sonoma 14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.458 (installed from Setapp)

I just checked, but the script BTT uses to close all notifications still works fine on the latest macOS version.
Does the middle mouse button / shortcut work with different actions?

Does the middle mouse button / shortcut work with different actions?

yes, i changed it to "show notification" and it works for it.

It could be a permission issue. Make sure BTT has the relevant permissions in System Settings => Privacy & Security => Automation. Especially System Events must be checked there for this to work:

it seems the permissions are right, any other thing i can try to troubleshoot this? perhaps there is some way to trigger the action in some debug mode?

Could you check whether maybe the translation for Spanish has changed? BTT uses these values to access the notification center:

"Close": "Cerrar",
            "Clear All": "Borrar todo",
            "Notification Center": "Centro de notificaciones"

Can you check whether the notification center process in Activity Monitor is called "Centro de notificaciones" ?

Can you check whether the notification center process in Activity Monitor is called "Centro de notificaciones" ?

yes, it seems it is called this way

"Close": "Cerrar",

i can not find the place in which this "Close" or "Cerrar" is located, the rest is there as expected. "Clear all" is called "Borrar todo" and the "Notification Center" is "Centro de notificaciones"

Demo: Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11 .44.24 · CleanShot Cloud

FYI, i changed my language to English just to verify and the action works there. it seems there is some bug with the translation as you suspected

hey @Andreas_Hegenberg let me know if there is anything i can do to help fix this, it is annoying not being able to close the notification with shortcuts :sweat_smile:

can you check whether 4.480 alpha fixes this for you?

i have BTT from Setapp subscription, is it possible to use the alpha there? i don't find an option for that. if not, can i install the BTT from the website and can both versions (from Setapp and normal) can coexist normally?

i've got the v4.493 via Setapp today and the issue is solved. thanks!!

1 Like