yuuiko's post testing

Just here to experiment with and build my posts. Don't mind this at all!

How would you rate this preset?

Shoot me a rating out of 5!

• 1 - Not for Me
  • 2 - Needs Improvement
  • 3 - Acceptable
  • 4 - Pretty Good
  • 5 - Well Done
  • 6 - Amazing!
0 voters

:free: BetterTouchTool Trial running out? Get a BTT license and Support AQT
Buy a BTT License through this affiliate link and i'll get 40%!

:+1: Give Props
Liked the preset? Iโ€™m available here if you feel like supporting this work: PayPal.Me!

ABOUT

Intuitively Functional Minimalism: AquaTouch.

AquaTouch is the result of the meticulously controlled balance of function, minimalism, and intuitive design. It fits the most function into the cleanest interface possible, while also keeping it instinctively quick and easy to use.

Read More

Already Available information by the system like Clocks, weather, spotlight, Siri, and controls like volume and brightness are not displayed because you can already access them. Don't clutter the Touch Bar with duplicate controls!

See the clock in the menubar, Hold command-space for Siri. Leave that as it is. Two, three and four finger Touch Bar gestures are used adjust volume, brightness and the keyboard backlight for sightless controls and more space. They are much quicker and easier to reach, they do not require a look to activate and are much more natural to control. They even have haptic feedback, you can literally feel every level the volume goes up.

Quality, complete sets of tools for many apps that do not support the touchbar natively, such as Adobe Illustrator, OneNote and After Effects allow you to increase your workFLOW.

Even websites are supported, Quickly access chats, search for friends and switch between your timeline and other views in Facebook, watch YouTube without using the cursor or format your Google Document with ease, just to name a few.

Don't like the constantly changing TouchBar?

Although AquaTouch is a dynamic preset, it is very carefully designed to be predictable, and puts you in control. It's automatic elements are carefully designed NOT to assume what you want, but instead preset options that don't unexpectedly replace all your current controls.

Read More

AquaTouch only changes when you switch apps, just like the menu bar. It doesn't change when you select something, be it an object or window. Instead, buttons that open groups bring these object or tool specific controls to view. You control what tools you bring up. When opened, these won't close on you, and they're always there for you to open up.

Since it's really predictable, I've managed to develop a muscle memory for each app! for example; When I switch to an app like messenger, the chat switch buttons show up as I remember and I just move my hand up to click them and check the latest chat. When I switch to Adobe Illustrator, I tap the 'Path Tools' group automatically to bring up all my path tools in the TouchBar, already knowing where the button is.
In contrast, Apple's implementation tries to guess what you want, automatically showing you options to change text formatting when you really just want to format a text box.

Take a look at the features I have so far below, or download to discover for yourself!

TAKE A LOOK

*Note that the images here are of version 1. Many, many improvements have been made, including the removal of the system 'x' button on the left side.

show more

45+ SUPPORTED APPS & WEBSITES
and counting...

show

KEY:
:white_circle: = Extension Layout
Extension layouts are additional toggles that compliment an app with a native TouchBar layout.
Have easy access to additional functions like:
New plain text document in TextEdit
Starting a screen record, and exporting in QuickTime
Editing songs in iTunes

:large_blue_circle: = Replacement Layout
A complete set that is capable of replacing the native settings, or to be used where no native settings where made

AQUATOUCH STRIP
You never knew you needed it.

show

The AquaTouch Control Strip is a persistent toolbox that is always displayed on the right of the touch bar. It consists of four segments; Media Controls, Schedules, Controls and App Actions.

SAFARI WIDGETS
Web-Specific Tools

show

With AquaTouch, you now have tools even for websites!
Here's what I have so far:

More Sites and chrome support coming soon!

GESTURE CONTROL
It's just natural.

show

No more sliders and buttons you can't feel.
Slide anywhere on the TouchBar to adjust what you always adjust, no looking needed.

GAME MODE
Stay immersed, but also informed.

show

You want to be immersed by games, and Games want to be immersive.
The result: The menubar is hidden. It may be small, but it's annoying that you're not be able to check the time, and battery percentage isn't it?

DESIGN PRINCIPALS
The basis of AquaTouch.

show

Notes

Thanks for your consideration!
This Preset is under active development, so please suggest features and report any bugs!

Stay up to date and follow this thread as more features will come, and many design changes and refinements will be made.

If you like this preset, Share it with your friends and comrades and also hit the vote button up at the top!

Iโ€™d also appreciate some feedback and any improvements that I should make. Feedback keeps me in the know of what to add or fix up for the next versions, and iโ€™m quite lost without it.

AQT Vocabulary
I feel that the โ€œextension setโ€ and โ€œfull setโ€ terminology is kind of confusing people here in this forum, so Iโ€™ve decided to name them โ€œextension setโ€ and โ€œreplacement Setโ€ now.

I'll also slowly change 'Control Strip' to 'AquaTouch strip'

AQT Version Naming Scheme

• b0.0.0 - indicates that it is a beta. Betas are stable enough to be used daily but may have some bugs and incomlpete features that might not work. Itโ€™s the cutting edge version that is quite experimental.
  • v0.0.0 indicates a final stable (afaik) build.
  • X.0.0 - indicates a major redesign in the way AQT works.
  • 0.X.0 - indicates new app support and new features
  • 0.0.X - indicates a bugfix/hotfix release that fixes reported bugs.

FUN FACT
โ€œAquaโ€ is appleโ€™s name for the macOS design language. Much like Google Material Design, it has its principals too.

So theres where the Aqua-Touch name came from!

Notes

Terminology Channges

Download

b3.4.0 Download

Changelog

New Features
Quality Improvements

Notes

Consideration Notes

Download

@#.#.# Download

Changelog

New Features
Quality Improvements

Changelog

New Features

New Features

Quality Improvements

Bug Fixes
Notes

Download

v3.5.0 Download

Sorry for my inactivity! This update should fix a couple, if not most, of the AQT-side issues that have been circling since 3.5.0. Sorry for the long wait, I'm currently working towards high-school graduation so most of my focus is to finish my projects and to keep my marks up. Thanks for your wait!

(updates always scare me. I hope I didn't mix anything up :sweat:)

Download

v3.5.1 Download

Changelog

Feature Changes
Quality Improvements
Bug Fixes

AQT GitHub Repository Now Open!

See current progress, submit bugs and requests on github if you wish.

As the userbase for AquaTouch grows, it might get hard to keep track of bugs, suggestions and collaboration here.
I've taken some time to learn GitHub, and I find it is indeed a great way to handle development.

If you have a bug report, feature request or if you have created something useful for AQT, you can now choose between the forums here or by submitting an issue at GitHub!

I'll also be loosely logging progress there so you can follow along as to what i'm up to.

Note: I'm still moving in, so there might not be much there as of now. Gradually things will be added, but issues should work fine for now!

This update adds Web Widgets to Chrome and fixes some bugs that appeared on v3.5.1.

Download

v3.5.2 Download

Changelog

Bug Fixes
New Features
Quality Improvements

Focused on performance and efficiency, This update greatly reduces CPU usage compared to v3.5.2. Some refinements to existing features have also been added, along with a few new app layouts and tools.

Download

v3.5.3 Download

Changelog

Performance Optimisations
*for most apps.
New Features
Quality Improvements
Bug Fixes

Notes

Download

v3.5.4 Download

Changelog

New Features
Bug Fixes

Notes

• Super Smooth
  • Smooth with a few hiccups
  • Frequent hiccups but quick recoveries
  • Hard to use due to performance issues
0 voters

Download

v3.5.5 Download

Changelog

New Features
Bug Fixes

Notes

Download

v3.5.6 Download

What's New

Compatibility
Improvements
Bug Fixes

I hope you enjoy! Please do give feedback and suggestions over at AQT's thread!

Notes

Download

Download AQT v3.5.7

What's New

Bug Fixes

• Super Smooth
0 voters

I hope you enjoy! Please do give feedback and suggestions over at AQT's thread!

Notes

Download

Download on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread โž”

What's New

Bug Fixes

How is AQT's stability this version?

Vote on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread โž”

What's New

Improvements

Bug Fixes

• Super Smooth
0 voters

Thanks for your help!

Please do give feedback and suggestions over at AQT's thread!

Notes

Download

Download on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread โž”

What's New

New App Support!
Improvements
Bug Fixes

Welcome to AquaTouch v3.6.

New Features that turn it up to 11.

Overhauled Stability

Greatly Improved Performance

You want to download this now.

Download AquaTouch Version 3.6

• Super Smooth
0 voters

Thank you for checking out AquaTouch!

Please do give feedback and suggestions over at AQT's thread!

Welcome to join my discord for casual chats, more responsive preset help, sharing creations or just talking with me!

Support Yuuiko

I really did spend 9 to 5 for two weeks to get this going. I hope you feel my passion for design!

Any support helps me get all that life stuff out of the way, allowing me to put my time into my passion of creating great things for you, and everyone else!

:bookmark: Need a BTT License? Get one here and I'll get 40%!
:gem: Send a tip with PayPal
:gift: Follow me on Patreon
:love_letter: Share AquaTouch on your socials!:

I'm gradually updating this post to reflect the huge new v3.6 update! Some screenshots and descriptions may depict an older version of AquaTouch.

hero2

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐—— ๐— ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

Intuitively Functional Minimalism: AquaTouch.

AquaTouch is a BetterTouchTool preset that displays dynamic and informative custom macros in the TouchBar.

A careful balance of information.

Already Available information by the system like Clocks, Weather, Spotlight, Siri, and other controls like volume and brightness are not displayed because you can already access them easily with gestures or see them on the screen. This avoids duplicate controls or information and thus reduces clutter in the Touch Bar.

See the clock in the menubar, Hold command-space for Siri. Leave that as it is. Two, three and four finger Touch Bar gestures are used adjust volume, brightness and the keyboard backlight for sightless controls which free up more TouchBar space. They are much quicker and easier to reach, they do not require a look to adjust and are much more natural to control. They even have haptic feedback, you can literally feel every level the volume goes up.

No compromise on functionality

Many quality, complete sets of tools for many apps are now right under your fingertips, my favourites are Adobe Illustrator, OneNote and Stickies! These allow you to work_flow_, without ever mousing around for a particular button anymore. It's all right under your fingertips.

Even websites are supported, Quickly access chats, search for friends and switch between your timeline and other views in Facebook, watch YouTube without using the mouse or format your Google Document with ease, just to name a few.

Don't like the constantly changing TouchBar?

Although AquaTouch is a dynamic and adaptive preset, it is very carefully designed to be predictable, and puts you in control. AquaTouch only changes when you switch apps, just like the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen.
Its automatic elements are designed to avoid assuming what you want, they only change when there is no assumption that you need a new UI for what's on screen. Otherwise, options are presented that do not disrupt your current interface.

Unlike apple's stock UI, it doesn't change when you select objects or windows.
Instead of interruptions, buttons which can be tapped bring these object or tool specific layouts to view. You control what tools you bring up. When opened, these won't close on you, and they're always there for you to open up.

It's so predictable that I've managed to develop a muscle memory for each app! For example; When I switch to Caprine Messenger, the chat switch buttons show up as I remember and I just move my hand up to click them and switch to the latest chat. When I switch to Adobe Illustrator, I tap the 'Path Tools' group autonomously to bring up all my path tools in the TouchBar, and tap away at those anchor point tools as if I could feel them.

In contrast, Apple's implementation tries to guess what you want. As an example; automatically showing you options to change text formatting when you really just want to format the text box.

View AquaTouch Layout Preview โž”

KEY:
:large_blue_circle: = Replacement Layout
A complete set that is capable of replacing the stock TouchBar

:white_circle: = Extension Layout
The stock TouchBar is the main interface for these apps, but AquaTouch adds more tools!

Adobe:
:large_blue_circle: Adobe After Effects
:large_blue_circle: Adobe Photoshop
:large_blue_circle: Adobe Illustrator
:large_blue_circle: Adobe InDesign
:large_blue_circle: Adobe XD

Web Browsers:
:large_blue_circle: Safari
:large_blue_circle: Chrome
:large_blue_circle: FireFox
:large_blue_circle: Opera
:large_blue_circle: Brave

Safari Widgets - Tools for Websites
:large_blue_circle: YouTube Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: SoundCloud Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: Twitch Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: Netflix Now Playing Widget

:large_blue_circle: Google Docs Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: Google Sheets Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: Google Slides Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: Google Drive Web Widget
:large_blue_circle: Gmail Web Widget

:large_blue_circle: Facebook Safari Widget
:large_blue_circle: Kahoot.it Safari Widget

Messaging and Meetings:
:large_blue_circle: Whatsapp
:large_blue_circle: Facebook Messenger
:large_blue_circle: Caprine for Facebook Messenger
:large_blue_circle: Discord
:large_blue_circle: Skype
:large_blue_circle: Telegram
:large_blue_circle: Textual
:large_blue_circle: Zoom.us

Media:
:large_blue_circle: iTunes
:large_blue_circle: Music
:large_blue_circle: Spotify
:large_blue_circle: VLC - featuring @vipersonic's time scrubber, playback speed and fullscreen toggles!
:white_circle: IINA
:white_circle: QuickTime Player

Student:
:large_blue_circle: Microsoft OneNote
:large_blue_circle: Ti-Nspire CAS Software

Documents and Presentation:
:white_circle: Pages
:white_circle: Keynote

Office:
:large_blue_circle: Microsoft Outlook
:large_blue_circle: Slack

Apple General:
:large_blue_circle: Preview
:large_blue_circle: Stickies
:large_blue_circle: Dictionary
:large_blue_circle: Digital Color Meter
:large_blue_circle: Photo Booth
:large_blue_circle: AppleScript Editor
:white_circle: Calculator
:white_circle: TextEdit

Developer:
:large_blue_circle: Atom
:large_blue_circle: Brackets

Other:
:large_blue_circle: Blender - Numpad View Controls!
:large_blue_circle: Daisy Disk
:large_blue_circle: Gantt Project
:white_circle: 1Keyboard Switcher Widget

The AquaTouch Control Strip is a persistent toolbox that is always displayed on the right of the touch bar. It consists of four segments; Media Controls, Schedules, Controls and App Actions.

Quick Media

This section contains media controls and Now Playing widgets.
If a supported app is playing media, they will show up within this group!

Additionally where available, the play buttons here directly control their app to play/pause.
e.g. you can pause YouTube, then play Spotify, all from this view, without switching or opening any apps.

Tap a widget to see more controls! Control your music without switching to the app!

You can also hold this button from anywhere to Play/Pause Music

Quick Schedules

Quickly check your Calendar and Reminders. You can also view the weather and time here.

Tap any widget to see a 10-event overview of what's next.

You can also hold this button from anywhere to Show Notification Centre

Quick Controls

Open this up to toggle system controls such as NightShift, Dark Mode or sleep your MacBook.
There's a connectivity pallete to the right that allows you to connect to AirPods, Beats Headphones and toggle toggle WiFi and bluetooth.

You can also hold this button from anywhere to Activate Siri

Quick Apps

Tap this group to open up an app switcher to the left, and to the right access shortcuts to frequent tasks such as:

• Create new TextEdit plain text document
  • Make a new Sticky
  • Open the Calculator
  • Filedrop [not airdrop. see: http://www.filedropme.com]
  • ActivityTimer [3rd Party App]
  • Screen Record
  • BTT prefs
  • switch to Game Mode

You can also hold this button from anywhere to close the AQT Touch Bar

AquaTouch has website-specific controls.

Finicky Sliders begone, Flat, awkward touch buttons goodbye.

AquaTouch Uses Gestures.

Slide anywhere on the TouchBar to adjust what you need to adjust quickly, no more looking, aiming, spamming or extra clutter in the Touch Bar.

Slide with Two fingers

Volume

Slide with Three fingers

Brightness

Slide with Four Fingers

Keyboard Brightness

Games take over the whole screen, and switching out isn't the best experience on Mac.

AquaTouch helps you stay informed.

Game Mode displays the time, battery, and extras such as CPU, GPU temps and Fan speed in Touch Bar for you to keep track of vitals while you immerse yourself in a full screen game.

Notification Badges still show here, you can remain undisturbed on-screen but still be aware of your gamer friends (or boss).

In addition to that, You can even set up your own controls to the left!
add a push-to-talk button, skill triggers, button combo reminders, shortcuts to HUD or whatever else that can give you an advantage!

Download AquaTouch

Visit the AquaTouch Downloads Page โž”

How would you rate this preset?

Shoot me a rating out of 5!

• 1 - Not for Me
  • 2 - Needs Improvement
  • 3 - Acceptable
  • 4 - Pretty Good
  • 5 - Well Done
  • 6 - Amazing!
0 voters

Thanks for your vote!
If you voted a 1-3, It would be great if you'd comment and told me why! I'm looking to improve.

Follow AquaTouch:

If you have a bug report, feature request or if you have created something useful for AQT, you can now choose between the forums here or by submitting an issue at GitHub!

I'll also be loosely logging progress there so you can follow along as to what i'm up to.

Come join the discord for casual chats, creation sharing and AquaTouch development!

Support me as a Digital Design Student

Any support helps me get all that life stuff out of the way, allowing me to put my time into my passion of creating great things for everyone and you!

:bookmark: Need a BTT License? Get one here and I'll get 40%! - Win Win!
:gem: Send Appreciation through PayPal - This makes my day. And maybe my entire week.
:gift: Follow me on Patreon - Other projects are just waiting to materialise.
:love_letter: Share AquaTouch on your socials! - lets get this viral because why not.

Credits

Many features and widgets of this preset would not be possible without the community! Here's a thank-you list to all the people who let me merge and improve their stuff to put into AQT, Check them out!

And, finally,

• @Andreas_Hegenberg, developer of BTT for putting up with and implementing lots of feature requests that allow AQT to work as it does today.

More from yuuiko

Visit my Profile Page!
For more of my work on this community.

Native Apple Icon Pack for BTT
An icon pack which contains a massive heap of apple's native icons.

[v1.0.2] Better-Touch BTT. For the Preset Pros.
BetterTouchBTT is a preset that you can add to your current whatever you have. It provides touchbar controls for BTT to more easily use and edit BTT. If you're an advanced BTT user, check it out!

Tips and Tricks for making BTT Editing Easier
A post with many tips for making your BTT editing much better. Learn how to copy/paste multiple items, make the advanced config panel faster and etc.

Notes

Download

Download AQT v3.6.1

What's New

Many new apps!

Many new apps added thanks to the community!

Thanks to @CDFman!

Thanks to @Leblanc!

Thanks to @LTO!

Improvements
Optimisations
Bug Fixes

Notes

Download

Download AQT v3.6.2

Hotfixes in v3.6.2

What's New from v3.6.1

New Web Controls!
Many new apps!

Many new apps added thanks to the community!

Thanks to @CDFman!

Thanks to @Leblanc!

Thanks to @LTO!

Improvements
Optimisations
Bug Fixes

Support Yuuiko

I really did spend 9 to 5 for two weeks to get this going. I hope you feel my passion for design!

Any support helps me get all that life stuff out of the way, allowing me to put my time into my passion of creating great things for you, and everyone else!

:bookmark: Need a BTT License? Get one here and I'll get 40%!
:gem: Send a tip with PayPal
:gift: Follow me on Patreon
:love_letter: Share AquaTouch on your socials!