Work in progress and alpha features

Thank you!

One more little UI bug thats been annoying me since its inception.

Visual Separator:

1. Never saves the background color I set (I set them to black with White text), they always return to the default "dark mode" gray color.
  2. When trying to copy/past them, again, they return to the "dark mode" color, ignoring my black background color.

Both Family Room Smart Plug & Wet Bar Smart Plug Visual Separators are set to black Background:

I think I'm unable to reproduce, they seem to save their colors correclty here or am I missing something?

Im in the column view, maybe that makes a difference. Keep that test on your computer and see if those colors stay after update, reboot, etc. I set mine to black, then end up gray the next day, the color selector still shows black in the Configuration Window, but I have to select black again to change to black.

v. 3.248

Just lost all icons on "TouchBar button" with text. Single and two lines of text icons are affected.

Sorry already fixed in the newest build :wink:

1 Like

And we are back to having icons!

1 Like

Now looks like all Apple Script Widget buttons are left justified icons, setting text to center does not work.

ahh true :grinning: I didn’t think about the icon only apple scripts. Too many possibilities!

1 Like

Exactly why BTT is so great, so many possibilities.

1 Like

Let me know when you have a fix for button images on scripts. latest v.3.250 same issue.

will be back at my computer in about an hour:-)

Quick question: Is the font alignment for these buttons set to left or to center? Could you post an example for one that's broken? They should just be centered, correct?

I think it should work again like before in 3.251 (uploading, online in about 5 min), although I'm not sure whether that's the best behavior as it ignores the alignment setting and just always centers these icon only buttons.

v. 3.251-2
Its fixed now... My font alignment for many if not all is Default (left). Even changing to center didn't fix the issue in the last update.

I think if its an icon ONLY button it should default to centered, otherwise we can manually set justification (left/right). I would like the ability to set left/right on icon, but default should be center for icon if no text is present. Make sense?

Oh I needed to mention, could you implement something like “2nd next event / 3rd next event / nth next event” for both reminders and calendar widgets? I’ll need them to remove iCalBuddy dependence in AQT!

Appreciate your work, keep it going!

That should be doable :slight_smile:

By the way, I think the >= 3.253 alphas should initialize /display presets that contain a lot of apple script faster than before.

2 Likes

so good!

Is there a way to know when a new stable build is available when on alpha channel? I’d like to release only when the new features are on stable BTT (avoid users switching to alpha channel)

1 Like

You can look at https://updates.bettertouchtool.net/bettertouchtool_release_notes.html
This is updated when I think a version will be the new stable, however the official rollout to all users is only visible via: https://updates.bettertouchtool.net/appcast_phase.xml (currently still on 3.209)

1 Like

Wow so much has been happening the last few days! I'm trying not to lose track, haha.

The new preset format sounds like a perfect way to bundle all the icons and such I use in my floating HTML window, which right now load from GitHub. Does the sharing site support the new format if I move GC to it?

EDIT: Also, proposal to change the new preset format extension to simply .btt.

.btt
.bttpackage

*ensure backwards compatibility with “.bttpreset”
and “.bttcompressedpresetbundlethatseemstostoreeverythingintheextensionname”

Yes, eventually I want to move all icons (also Touch Bar etc.) to the preset folder. This will make things easier and presets smaller :slight_smile:.

Currently the sharing site doesn't support the new format and it might not be updated to support it for now. However I have started working on a completely new sharing site which I will publish by the end of February. The new one will have a much bigger focus on discoverability. It will allow to add screenshots, show download counts, sort by popular preset etc. Also it will allow to link to external sites as I have gotten requests from users who might want to sell their preset via some custom store. (What about GoldenChaos PRO and AquaTouch PRO? :smiley:)

5 Likes