Wow, this is kinda super nice!! Next step: being able to select some specific elements (if this isn't too impossible to make)
Doesn't seem to be interfering with anything right now but I haven't used my laptop on 3.06 much. Will confirm.
I think you should refine the multi-selection editing before going into new features, and even before the new features I think you should continue to refine the layout and 'quality of life' improvements. Just sayinn'
(Stuff such as
- auto-open the corresponding tab when the gear icon is pressed, e.g. when editing touchbar, touchbar will show first
- More aesthetic add buttons
- adding a more exponential easing to animations
- adding two finger swipe to get out of groups
- color and contrast improvements
- more concise right column, moving descriptions into tooltips and laying it out in better groups)
@yuuiko honestly these are currently pretty low prio for me, they will be improved over time! For now I'm finished with the UI stuff - although there will be improvements with every alpha. It's time to work on some of the other things that I didn't have time to look at during the new UI development. The old UI is still available for people who encounter issues, and like the old UI I intend to improve the new one over the next few months and years
Next on my list is a native calendar widget and various other small things I have on my list.
Sure, it's acceptible that aesthetic changes are low prio. But I think you should at least fixup the multi-selection editing as it's very buggy, what do you think?
multi selection editing works ok for me, although it's not nice yet (but it's such a niche feature I currently can live with the ugliness for now ;-)). However if there are specific bugs I'll of course fix them.
Native calendar widget sounds like a GREAT addition. As you know I've been working with ical events with sports schedules and its been working, but what a pain.
What customization of calendar output do you plan to offer?
- Replacing/Removing text for output? ("Today at ") YUK
- Truncated output, limit length ie. maxsize
- Two line options of output for button (Time + Subject, Location data etc.)
just a few I deal with...
BTW, Thanks for the Fixed Width option. Really helps with a lot of design and sizing issues caused by dynamic button content. Applied to a lot of my AppleScript features this morning!
@Andreas_Hegenberg When I go into settings and try to view
Scripting BTT, I get this:
3.066 alpha fixes various little bugs with the new UI.
- improve two line widget support (date & weather widget now also support different font sizes for the 1. & 2. line
- fixed adding groups to key sequences
- fixed some layout issues in the settings (@onaforeignshore)
• fixed an issue with show / hide specific app action
Don't hate me - I just realised that normal Apple Script Widgets that return a result in two lines using
[…] return FirstLineVar & " " & SecondLineVar
Do have the same problem!
Check out the Rehab lab Tomorrow
Script widgets that will return two lines need to have a title that also has two lines, then you can adjust the second line font size
Thanks for this information!
How often does this happen to you in List view? Ive seen this before, restarting BTT didn't fix, will reboot laptop and check...
UPDATE: Restart BTT, Restart PC, Reload saved Preset, NO GO. This is a nasty bug with latest alpha 3.066 in "list view".
@Andreas_Hegenberg Layout is now correct, thanks, but colour still sucks in dark mode... Black text on near black background.
3.069 alpha improves MIDI device support.
3.074 alpha adds an experimental option for global Touch Bar gestures. Currently needs to be activated per gesture:
This means gestures can now work even if the system touch bar is active and BTT is hidden.
@yuuiko this one is especially for you I guess
Pretty buggy. I only got it to work-ish once.
- Opens the BTT bar after sliding
- Confuses between two, three and four finger slides
- Tapping the T-Bar can sometimes continue activating the gestures
- It seems to be very sensitive to changes, when I swipe forward and back, it lurches forward when I start going back
- Most of the time, after once use it locks all gestuers from functioning
- Normal slide seems to be a bit more laggy