Work in progress and alpha features

@K2DesignLab Yeah I'm looking into options to let users choose a time frame (too big look ahead windows cause some performance issues with the macOS API I use).

I'm back now (was on vacation and had lots of private stuff going on, therefore was quite busy the last few weeks ;-)).

v3.204 alpha adds a real "silent update" mode where it automatically installs updates when BTT is restarted without notification. Even if that's not enabled, update notifications should not popup in front of other windows anymore.

Excited to hear that "look ahead" feature will be implemented.

I haven't seen any performance issues for the AppleScript I use and have posted here. I have it looking 200 days for the next event (single event) in specified calendar.

Silent update seems interesting, unless it breaks something, so maybe a simple notice that is was updated. I personally do not enjoy silent updating, but I can it being useful for a developer.

Yep let's see, performance might be fine if only one event needs to be returned (I want to add the ability to show a user customizable amount of events). iCalBuddy is using an older but bit more performant API (which I can't use in BTT though).

Silent updating has been one of the most requested features for a long time, personally I also like seeing the release notes ;-).

I assumed it would only display the NEXT event no matter how far in the distant future. It shouldn't list all events for the next month, just the NEXT event in the future.

At least my idea for display the NEXT calendar event.

You will be able to set the number of events to 1 then :wink:

2 Likes

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Sorry if this is naggy but I'm curious for what's the current focus on updates, what have you got cooking?

Also just (lots of) little tips here, do you think BTT should be focused on optimisation? I'm not sure if you've seen this but I'm making a list of things that could be improved here. I'd be happy to help with anything if I had the time and the skills, as it does seem like a big task.

1 Like

Currently focusing on various things that I wanted to improve for a long time (the most requested is improving the mouse integration), but I'll definitely keep your list in mind and fix low hanging fruit whenever possible.

"Alpha update season" will start again soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I'd like to add a "Search function shows results from everywhere, also from inside groups", especially regarding the TouchBar Window. If I search for a button I usually do so because I forgot where I put it, and I don't want to search in every group to find it… :wink: This would be pure gold!!

Yess, that's also something I need (but haven't implemented yet because it's not super easy...) :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg! Few times a day, the mouse support for Touch Bar stops working. It has been like this since a few alpha versions, I don't know if it was the case when it has been first introduced.

It looks like this and don't move at all:

Every time, restarting BTT solves the issue.

Interesting, does the Touch Bar in general still work when this happens?

Yes, everything except the mouse support works.

Might be related (or not, since it doesn't happened at the same time), but sometimes after Mac wake, the BTT Touch Bar has difficulties to replace the stock Touch Bar. BTT is running fine but the Touch Bar stays stock. In this case restarting BTT doesn't help, I think I got it fixed by rebooting computer or toggling BTT Touch Bar support ON/OFF. I initially thought it might be related to the BTT option "No restart after sleep" but even with it disabled I've faced the issue. But as I said, I don't think these two issues are related.

Here is some additional information about that second issue where Touch Bar support is broken: I'd say it happens once every 10 wake from sleep. When it happens, restarting BTT doesn't help. The only fix is to disable TouchBar support, restart BTT, enable again, restart BTT.

It's a great app. 24€ maybe a bit overkill for the functionality I use (snap, cmd-drag & alt-resize), but it's lifetime. Forum's also nice, and good too see the dev active.

huh, it is getting a bit quiet. I was used to bizar frequent updates, so one gets a bit curious what is going on...

had our first baby boy :slight_smile:
I’ll be back soon!

14 Likes

Congratulations! That explains any delays in your release schedule. LOL

Good times, and all I ever say, If being a dad is easy... you're doing it wrong.

So far he is very easy to handle, but I think this might change :smiley:

Well, coding with a baby sleeping on my chest is working better than I expected, so I'm slowly back!
Just uploaded 3.210:

More things coming soon!

1 Like

My Update failed. Also note, took a long time to download (very slow compared to normal).

Ah sorry, should be fixed by now. (Although I don't know about the download speed, it's currently fast here in Germany, maybe some temporary routing issue)