Version expired even though I updated?

I restarted my computer and it was forcing me to update.
I did forget to uncheck the auto updates which might have cause this force, but I normally don't like to update.
after which BTT keeps recycling back to updating when I have the latest version according to the app.

-Version 3.837 alpha

• restarted the system and the app multiple times. Also tried to delete and reinstall completely.

Describe the bug

-Keeps telling me up to update to the latest version - Which I have. And even after restarting the app it keeps telling me that my version is expired and I need to update. but then it prompts me that I have the latest version.

then afterwards it stays disabled.

the apple does not work anymore for me.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 16 2019
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.7
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.837

I have the same problem, it started half an hour ago and I didn't restart my mac before that, it just appeared out of nowhere. Restarting app and updating with fresh version from website did nothing, same as restarting machine.
Air M1, Monterey 12.5.1

Good to know im not the only one that this happened too.
Thanks for the update @Piotr

1 Like

do you have a license activated?

I do not, I just got 5 days ago. I am planning on Purchasing but im still testing everything out.
Should I be purchasing this before hand?

Ah then that’s a problem with the trial mechanism again. Will be fixed in about 2 hours! (with another update)

1 Like

oh I see!
No problem, please let me know to test again. - amazing quick response. Love it :heart:

Should be fixed now (check for updates again)

amazing! alls working!
you sir have got yourself a new customer. All because of this great customer service.

• quick question. Does this update have any effect on the battery? I found the previous version to be quite good, so im always scared to update.
    Please let me know.
    Thank you,

I did some small optimizations, if anything battery life should be better. But in general the effect is probably not noticable.