πŸ†• [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Thanks a lot for the awesome work <3 i love it, I bought the BTT via AquaTouch.
There somethings i would really love to have/fix:

• The cpu temp not working on M1, I know that iStatus gem is outdated but would be cool to find an alternative.
  • Brave browser widgets (Youtube, Google docs, Gmail).
    Thank you so much you are the best :slight_smile: :love_letter:.

PS: I will be one of the first contributors to join, when you make this project open source.

can the calendar quick strip support things 3?

Any chance we will see support for Todoist/Fantastical in the quick strip instead of Reminders and Calendar?

Hi all! Sorry for absence as I've been busy with other matters latley.

@Duval_Barrett, @RNZ
I don't have an M1 available for me to test these things, so it is very hard to get things working.

@RNZ It is already open source, its just a bit hard to collaboratively code because of BTT's all-in-one preset file. If you cook up anything let me know and I can merge it in

@Haiming @nickgurney
Looking into support for other calendar apps, but i'd probably need to buy them first.

Notes

Download

Download on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread βž”

v3.6.6 - Hello Again!

Hello again! It's been a while hasn't it? My college workload has kept me really busy continues to increase, so apologies for the lack of updates latley. Though AquaTouch v3.6 has been holding up quite well, don't you think?

I managed to find a glimmer of free time to see what I can improve for you all. Here's what I've got in this update:

Bug Fixes and Smaller Details

Support Yuuiko

I create this with my passion for design and I hope you feel that while you're using it!

Any support helps me get all that life stuff out of the way, allowing me to put my time into my passion of creating great things for you, and everyone else!

:bookmark: Need a BTT License? Get one with me and I'll get 40%!
:gift: Find more from me on Patreon
:gem: Send a tip with PayPal
:love_letter: Share AquaTouch with your friends and on your socials!

• Super Smooth
  • Smooth with a few hiccups
  • Frequent hiccups but quick recoveries
  • Hard to use due to performance issues
0 voters

2 Likes

Not sure where @yuuiko would see it, so I put a copy here.

Bug: No scrollbar in Setup Instructions & AquaTouch Guide #85

There is no scrollbar in Setup instructions (the First Tim Setup page) and AquaTouch Guide (the column on the right-hand side) therefore I could only see the 1st fold of their contents. I can not scroll using 2-fingers or use up/down arrow keys to do so as well.

Could you provide links to the 2 documents so that I can at least finish the set up and starting using this amazing tool? :slight_smile:

(screenshots & details about versions availabe at github, see link above)

1 Like

Notes

Download

Download on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread βž”

v3.6.7 - Quick Fixes

Bug Fixes and Smaller Details

Support Yuuiko

I create this with my passion for design and I hope you feel that while you're using it!

Any support helps me get all that life stuff out of the way, allowing me to put my time into my passion of creating great things for you, and everyone else!

:bookmark: Need a BTT License? Get one with me and I'll get 40%!
:gift: Find more from me on Patreon
:gem: Send a tip with PayPal
:love_letter: Share AquaTouch with your friends and on your socials!

Excited to try but when I tap the β“΅ Setup Instructions button on the touch bar, it takes me to a buggy url and then BTT crashes.

Any ideas why?

(Macbook pro 2020 m1 // Big Sur)

This Touch Bar add-on crashes my MacBook , stops the ongoing time machine backups and also any files those are being copied on the Network shares.

It also causes shutdown problems , during booting the accessibility for apps get blocked randomly.

Too many issues , please look into the same.

Overall I do not recommend this add on at all , I may give it try later when the developer fixes the under laying crash issues , for time being switching back to Golden Choas which is one other trouble maker , but atleast It is stable.

this is odd, havent seen much reports to this extreme level.

Are you using M1?

No 2016 , i9 16 inch 2020 - MacBook Pro.

Ever since I had this add on , I only have problems. Though it is faster when compared to golden chaos , but very unstable. I still prefer this add on as this gives me per application Touch Bar shortcuts , which golden choas doesn’t.

A request you need more testing and fix it this add on is a gem which Apple Missed it..

Do you know when / in what app these crashes happen? I'd really like to fix this, but I'm not seeing issues to that extreme.

hmmmm most app layouts don't have much applescript happening. Finding out which UI layout this happens would be most useful.

I'm aware on first initialisation BTT bogs down the whole system, but this should only happen once at first install and for not very long. Could it be that it didn't install properly?

Sorry had given up , I will retry and let you know which app cause the crashes,

Also can we incorporate the standard features from Golden Chaos into your app??

@yuuiko @lhewitt
same for me

both AQT and BTT updated to latest version on a MBP m1.
when there's multiple tabs of YouTube videos, pressing the red play/pause button (the one on the left) will toggle them all.
pressing the play/pause button that's on the right will toggle only the active tab.

still couldn't manage to setup my AirPods Pro on the control strip, also when tried to setup AirPods max the app frizzed and crashed and I had to restart it.

1 Like

@Netanel @lhewitt

Bluetooth widgets:

Youtube logged in to-do list. I'm not sure if i can differentiate tabs though.

Setup Manual Crash should have been fixed in my private dev version, await beta on my discord for testing

Come test AQT v3.6.8 beta 1 on my Discord Server.

@Netanel @lhewitt

With 3.6.7 and latest BTT V3.570 , there are no hang up's or shutdown problems, there is no slow performance ; however I am still testing.

Can we get the golden chaos default bar in AQT possible?? Then it is the best of both the worlds and art will become ultimate add-on to BTT.

Hello. First time user of BTT. I tried GoldenChaos and AquaTouch. AquaTouch is very unresponsive and sluggish when trying to adjust brightness/volume etc. with fingers slide. GoldenChaos is much more responsive, especially when performing a quick action (from 0 to 80% of volume for instance). Is it a commun issue ? Thanks

I'm running latest macos with a MBP M1.

edit : I can open "set up instructions" the internet page doesn't open on my browser then it forces me to restart BTT

Come test AQT v3.6.8 beta 2 on my Discord Server.

Working on a bunch of stability fixups, support for multiple youtube tabs and quick access widgets for zoom and digital colour meter.

If you join my discord, be sure to read the #about channel!