🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

I'm a little bit annoyed ... I can't find any other problem in this release ... Oh man, it is really stable :joy::joy: ..

(Unfortunately the random reset bug still appears, but in this case it's not your fault.)

Any ideas for the future release? At the moment AQT is becoming like a rock and it contains a lot of useful functions!! ... (I really can't understand how people who buy a Mac can use it with stock Touch Bar XD)

@yuuiko

yeah its pretty :ok_hand: isnt it! There are a feew little bugs here and there but they’re little nitpics

and ohhh I have big plans for this

You can see a start on my new github page!
I’ll be logging everything I do down there so feel free to come and help, or just comment!

Just got github though, I’m not sure if I’m using it right but well, i know its working and I’m feeling much more organised.

2 Likes

No more major problems, but I figured I'd mention that while focused on finder, aqua touch seems to be held entirely within the BTT menu, making there be a second x button on the left side of the escape key. I'm not entirely sure how best to describe it, so here are some screenshots of it before and after expanding using the BTT button:

And while I have your attention, is there any way you could add support for paste? When you bring up the paste overlay it normally occupies the touch bar with its own controls, but unless you are focused on finder aqua touch entirely overrides its controls with those of whatever app is focused. Here's what the paste controls normally look like:

(If you don't know what paste is then here's a link to their website.)

Hi. not sure if it is a bug or just a wrong setting but since I uploaded to 3.5.2 I see this kind of over covering think which was not present on the previous version....
Any suggestions? thanks.......here the screenshot....

Although I can't provide an answer as I'm not the author, I will say that I had a similar issue until a few days ago where my play icon was missing from the quick strip. It turned out to be an issue with running the macOS Catalina beta, though the fix was fairly simple. Because this looks so similar I'll ask which macOS version you are using. If the information turns out to be relevant, it could help speed up the fix once @yuuiko sees your post.

I'll also give you a quick tip for the future. You can take a screenshot of the touch bar using the following shortcut:

⇧⌘6

ok. thanks for replying. I'm using macOS Mojave. I'll wait for @yuuiko.

It seems to be a configuration preset problem ... Did you follow setup steps when you've installed AQT?

You might just be right. I was looking at the missing buttons, but I think what's happening is that the native touch bar controls are covering them up. It's not just missing buttons as the calendar button is not entirely visible.

@Tom1 If it is a configuration issue, try letting aqua touch configure the touch bar settings itself. You can do this from the setup instructions, which are brought up from the touch bar while BetterTouchTool is focused.

@ANTIMONY @Tom1 @Dom

Random Reset Bug strikes again! A known BTT Issue, but it can’t be reproduced easily. This is a sneaky little one..

Quick Fix (do it for finder though):

@ANTIMONY

:wink:

I've been poking around the preset in hopes of modifying it a bit. So far things have been going smoothly, though I do have a few questions. Where would be the best place to ask you about the internals? I'd rather not flood the forum since it's not really set up for this kind of thing.

Guess you could use the PM system here!

Right! I forgot discourse had PMs. I use discourse all the time on another forum but have never had a reason to use it.

1 Like

yes i think I'm another one with Random Reset bug....Anyway i fixed it following your advise. thanks a lot and good job so far!!!! :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

hi, just started using aqua touch and I really live it over GC. one feature I do miss however was the ability to hold command to put all my dock apps on the Touch Bar. is there a way to configure Aquatouch to allow this, in place of the current app quitter interface?

Hi @Charlie_Smith!

You can definitley add this to AQT.

Here's how to add a dock widget to AQT when command is held down.

1. Setup a personal preset
    This will be a preset where your personal additions can be set up.

2. Add a "Dock" Widget here:

3. Adjust the parameters for the Dock Widget.

I also suggest you also adjust the widget width to somewhere around 900px.

Hi, first off I love aqua touch (just got a buddy who recently got a macbook to buy it through your link). But I was wondering if it is possible to set it to be my default touchbar for certain apps. For example on chrome I could care less for their use of the touchbar and would prefer it to always be aquatouch.

Thanks!
(sorry about all the extra spaces have a fucked up keyboard)

Hi @mjessup!

This is a BTT bug that i’ve been struggling with for quite a while. Take a look at this, except do it for chrome, and with the appropriate setting.

@Andreas_Hegenberg Random CAG Behavour Reset Bugg strikes again heeellpp

Wait someone got a macbook for AquaTouch? :excited:

this is fantastic. thank you so much for writing me a personal tutorial!
my other request would be to add some functionality for twitch.tv - maybe show active streams, show chat, emotes etc, as well as fullscreen buttons etc?

furthermore, is there a persistent Touch Bar shortcut for fullscreen? I've found the one on fn= but it'd be nice to be able to always have it on touch.

Glad you liked it @Charlie_Smith!

I forgot to mention that anything you add to your personal preset will persist over updates, but anything you edit or delete from main AQT preset will be lost over updates. Do mind that. Basically, only tweak your personal preset.

Will add twitch to my github to be considered. Seems like a good one to add, lots of people use it.

For the persistent full screen;
AQT doesn’t have one apart from fn = (or +)

You could add your own trigger that does that though, should be relatively easy to work out.

Just follow the instructions again but add a “touchbar button” instead of a dock widget.

Set its action to the “toggle fullscreen” action (i think its called that)

Consider these parameters:

• Stick to right
  • Always show
  • Display Order: 3 (forgot what they were. 1 is notification badges and 2 is the QuickStrip I think)
  • Setting an icon (or steal GC’s icon by right clicking his one)
  • Icon only, No text

Having separate presets really is a good solution for customizing AquaTouch (to some extent). I'm working on my own extension (calling it HydroTouch, you seem to have discovered already :grinning:)
I'm a big fan of AquaTouch and can't wait to see what comes out of the GitHub repo!

1 Like