🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Hi @MrVirtuoso!

Brave Browser
I'll look into adding this, but it might not come in a while as I'm quite busy. Thanks for the suggestion!

Development Help
I'm not too sure what you meant by this, but there is a manual found in the TouchBar of the BTT Configuration window. You might want to take a look at that.

Telegram not re-appearing
I assume telegram doesn't automatically appear for you when you switch to it. This may be because one of the settings for telegram has been reset (a known BTT bug). Try:

Add options to telegram?
"also for messaging i think telegram should add to it"
I'm not too sure what you meant by that, could you explain it a bit more?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank u for reply~
I did nothing but play music in iTunes

I record a video below

About adding telegram i mean notification with a badge of message unread for touchbar.

1 Like

Hei man, have you checked if your telegram badge it's enabled?

@MrVirtuoso

2 Likes

Oh, thank you very much. It resolved. :rose:
@Dom

2 Likes

Hi, @yuuiko, I've tried AQT for days, and I found a WEIRD behavior during my testing.
When I pressed CAPS LOCK key, a mouse left click triggered.
Then I checked all configs in AT and I found this.

Here I tried press CAPS LOCK and key code 57 came up in the list view. Then I know this is the config which cause the "bug".

This has been bothering me for a long time and I finally solved.

Is this a FEATURE or a BUG?

1 Like

Oh! That’s weird..

Yeah that’s not meant to be there. Deleting that trigger could solve the issue. Its not a feature. Thanks for finding that! I’ve noted to fix it.

1 Like

Known Issue:

OneNote's triggers may be broken due to a menubar layout change.

the "skip ad" button on youtube isn't working for me. Also is the Netflix widget supposed to work in safari? Sorry I'm new to this stuff lol

Hi @jane_door!

These widgets were made by me and @iAmWaldo, but they’re pretty hacky and unstable. So far they don’t work so well for me too.

I also haven’t had the chance to test the netflix widget as I don’t have netflix myself, so this one is a bit hard to fix. Apparamtly it’s meant to work even if safari isn’t active, but yeah, I can’t test this as I don’t have netflix. Do you mind helping me debug this sometime?

The youtube skip ad doesn’t work so far either... It used to work but I’ve had some trouble with it. I’ll see what I can do sometime later, i’ve put this in my list. I think Google changed some things too so maybe that’s why it broke

Sorry for the inconvenience! these two are probably the most tedious and hacky ones..

Ok, thanks for the response! I would be happy to help with anything you need! You may need to bare with me though, I'm not super tech savvy with this lol

1 Like

I'm currently on the Beta version of 10.15 Mac OS Catalina, and for some reason the media button on the right side of the touchbar doesn't show up. I've tried duplicating it to see, and it shows up for a second and then disappears. Any reason for this? Maybe I upgraded too early...

EDIT: I checked out the applescript and it had a compilation error, tweaked it a little and got it to display, but it would disappear anytime you toggled mode

Could you paste your applescript here?

use [code][/code] to format code.

It is below. BTT says the button is visible but it just does not appear. This was working well on Mojave before, though.

--Thanks to @springles for his contribution to AQT!
--Posted:
--https://community.folivora.ai/t/1704/93?u=yyuuiko

try
	--@yuuiko: Get User Preference
	tell application "BetterTouchTool"
		try
			set UsrPref_CS_Highlighting to get_string_variable "CS_Highlighting"
		end try
	end tell

if UsrPref_CS_Highlighting is "ON" then --@yuuiko: only activate if preferred by user.
		tell application "BetterTouchTool"
			try
				set showMediaControls to get_string_variable "BTTCurrentlyPlayingApp"
				set playerState to get_number_variable "BTTCurrentlyPlaying"
			on error
				return notPlaying
			end try
		end tell
		if showMediaControls is not missing value then
			if playerState is 1.0 then
				return 1 --Highlight
			else
				return 0 --Grey
			end if
		else
			if application "iTunes" is running then
				tell application "iTunes"
					try
						if player state is playing then return 1 --Highlight
						if player state is not playing then return 0 --Grey
					on error
						return 0 --Grey
					end try
				end tell
			else
				return 0 --Grey
			end if
		end if
	else
		return 0 --Grey
	end if
on error
	return 0 --if all else fails
end try

I apologize if this is user error. I have AQT downloaded but every time I set AquaTouch v3.5.0 as the Master, the Touch Bar shows the ":warning: Customise in the BTT Configuration Window. Hold Option to exit Game Mode." text. And after I hold Option and select "Exit Game Mode," the text "You have not yet configured actions in BetterTouchTool."

When I go back in to the BTT settings, the preset shows "No Value" and when I open the manage preset section, nothing is selected and under Select Master Preset, it says "No Value."

Hi @HobbesDurden, Do you have the Game Mode preset installed? Try checking your preset again.

AQT has two parts, the main preset and the gamemode preset. That message seems to be from the gamemode preset.

Try deleting all of your current copies of AQT and re-installing AQT. Tell me how that goes.

@flufah

around line 19 there is a "return notPlaying".

Try change this to a "return 0" and see if that fixed it.

I did have it installed, but I went ahead and deleted AQT and Gamemode and reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

Have you gone through the setup instructions found in the touchbar when BTT configuration is active?

I have.