🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

that’s not a function of AQT so its a “strange bug• how are you making caps? using shift?

Hi, I'm using AQT since many weeks and everything works fine but today, for no apparent reasons, when I select the groups on the right, the Touch Bar disappear and BetterTouchTools seems to restart and then it come back. When it is restarted, I click on the group and again, it disappear and restart...

The only way to get passed this loop is to manually restart BetterTouchTools but in 2 hours I got this problem 3 times..

I tried to download the latest version of BTT after the 2nd crash of the Touch Bar but no luck..
I don't remember on which version I was at the beginning of the day but I updated BTT at the beginning of last week I think!

Do you have any clues?

I don't know if you have been able to fix this issue, but It just started to do it on my side too

When the button is blank i'm able to make it come back by opening the Apple touch bar (with the little arrow next to it) and close it back. but then when I toggle AQT back on and off the triangle button simply disappear and I have to go on an app that I know will open the AQT automatically to be able to show the AQT again...

Which BTT version are you using?

@dfrigon @Andreas_Hegenberg

Also having this issue, though I haven’t been doing much work on my laptop latley so I’m not sure of the details.

Sorry for my inactivity!

Just put up a new AquaTouch Layout Preview site at the top post. Hopefully it can stay up with that service.

(@Dom)

1 Like

I was on 3.140 (1307) yesterday, i'm now on 3.144 (1312) since my last post nothing happened but i'll keep looking if it does it again!

It just happened again, I'll try to explain as clearly as possible what I experienced!

The AQT was open and working correctly then I opened Apple Keynote and I realized that the AQT was closed (Default apple Touch Bar for Keynote) and that the button with the triangle to open AQT was only grey and I was not able to click it.

I switched to chrome (which I previously forced to always display AQT) and AQT opened normally. I then switched back to keynote and the same grey button appeared and to "refresh" the button to its normal state, I had to open the Apple Touch Bar with the little arrow and then close it and the AQT triangle button appeared.

Yesterday when it happened I was not using Keynote at all but I feel like it always happen when I launch an App that have native Touch Bar support which override the AQT and then somehow the AQT toggle button does not refresh properly.

Sorry if i'm not clear feel free to ask clarifications! Hope this help understand the issue!
Like I posted earlier i'm on 3.144 (1312) but had the exact same issue yesterday on 3.140 (1307)

Thanks!

Yes, the Custom CS Button Widget has trouble refreshing. Usually it misses refreshing after switching out of an app.

@dfrigon, you can tap FN (quickly and lightly) to bring up AQT. it’s more stable than the button on the native touch bar.

@Andreas_Hegenberg, help with the custom CS button refreshes please!

Unfortunately this looks like a macOS bug. BTT definitely triggers a refresh, but the system doesn't always react and it seems to depend on current CPU load and other things.
You can try 3.146 where I added one more "refresh", but I doubt this will solve it completely.

On Catalina control strip icons don't seem to refresh at all anymore...

sigh, hope we can find a way around this.

There’s a thing I did before in my setup script which was killall control_strip (or something similar). Maybe it’s worth looking into this control strip process?

Also, Sometimes BTT crashes if i interact with my QuickStrip. Could you take a look?

Those buttons are “networked” pretty heavily involving opening many hidden groups, so maybe something there is triggering it, but it had always worked fine before.

It also happens with really simple setups sometimes, I don't think it's anything in AQT that triggers it ;-(

Thanks for the reply, I'll use fn for now on!

I don't know if it's the same issue you are talking about for BTT crashes, but It just happened to me as well.. whenever I try to open a group (any group not just the QuickStrip) BTT crashes!

1 Like

Sorry that should be fixed in the new alpha, was a bug in the version that was online for the last hour or so :wink:

So in 3.147 it should not crash when opening groups?

It shouldn't, but I just uploaded 3.148 to workaround something else. Maybe try that also.

If there is still a crash, would be great if you'd upload the crashlog from the macOS console app under user reports.

Where the control strip wasn't updating at all in the last Catalina beta, it now seems to work perfectly in the new beta - without any missing or not updating icons. So there is hope :wink:

1 Like

Hi @yuuiko , I got an app open loop issue with iTunes while music is playing, AquaTouch3.5.0
Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks for your GREAT work.
I really love the preset!

Thanks a lot @kranec!

I’ll look into the issue, but these have been around a while and are pretty hard to solve...

What did you have on your touchbar when this happens? And did you recently open any groups?

Hi, Can you add Brave browser to this present? I think we need more browsers supporting on this present. also if you can give me a document to read and learn about them i can help to develop it.
also i have a problem that when i change my desktop on new app like brave that present isn't support yet, than go back to telegram all my options gone and i can use it anymore.
also for messaging i think telegram should add to it. thank you.