🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

You can tap the date within the calendar widget to view all of that day's events.

If it helps, you can set the QuickStrip display to always show the next event instead of the current event (found within AQT settings)

What keyboard shortcut does your clipboard widget use?

To add functions to AquaTouch, I recommend you setup a seperate preset that adds to AQT so that you do not need to re-do all your edits entirley when i release an update

There's a guide on how to setup your own preset in the AquaTouch Manual found in the touchbar when the BTT configuration guide is open. See that to setup your own preset.

After you've done that you should be able to create either a keyboard shortcut or a keyboard gesture, you choose:

Setup your keyboard shortcut/gesture, then hook up the "Open TouchBar Group" action to it:

Assign the corresponding QuickStrip Group to the action, They're stored in the "Expanded Widgets" category in the dark the sidebar.

I'll need to look into the Beats bluetooth widget to see if it can connect to a generic bluetooth speaker. It might only work with an apple W chip though.

changing the size of the tile to some random number and then changing it back to the default fixed it, but for some reason the BTT update fucked with it

This issue started a few days ago:

I have no idea why it is happening, but eventually, all the notifications become inverted and large.

Latest BTT alpha updates seem to be messing around with icons. Currently I’m waiting for my feature requests and BTT’s stability to improve for the next update of AQT, as this is the only way to solve some of the big AQT issues as of now.

In addition, I’ve been, well kinda banished from my website hosting/server as they couldn’t handle my traffic, so the update notification system in AQT needs to be updated to a new domain which i have yet to purchase.

So tldr, sorry for the wait, but I have some things I need to get working before I can add anything to the next update. In the meantime, I’d appreciate feedbacks about any little thing you find wrong in the meantime!

Beta Testers Wanted!

Got quite a big update that changes how the AQT settings system and preferences are saved and toggled, so I'd like to test weather this new version is able to convert the old system poperly.

Any takers just PM me in this forum!

Hello Yuuiko,

First I would like to say: Thank you! You are truly amazing and doing so much for a community at your really young age is just outstanding. Your vision of the TouchBar is simply fantastic (the fact that the Touchbar only changes when we need it to change). I sincerely hope that Apple comes back to you one day in order to maybe use your designs. You changed the life of thousands of people by making their Touchbar exceptional. Thank you ! and Thank you for sharing of all those presets for free :slight_smile: (I did buy the license with your referral link :wink: You deserve it.

Second, I had different questions spread among 3 categories (Future Implementations, Bugs, Questions)

Future Implementations:

1. Could you please add some widgets for Brave (If it is not too complicated in terms of script?). This browser is truly life-changing and if we could be able to use your Touchbar with this browser at the best of this capacities. This would be insane in terms of productivity.

2. Sometimes, I am watching a movie, or a video and don't want to be disturb by the touchbar light. Is there an option to turn the screen off. Or reduce the time of inactivity to shut it down ? (That would be a great feature, maybe just a keyboard shortcut could be perfect.

Bugs:
Config: MacBook Pro 16" Catalina, BTT 3.332.

1. Some applications that you have coded presets for are not being registered properly. And therefore, I cannot enjoy your presets.. In the BTT menu I have some black interrogation marks.. Is this normal? I have this problem for the following apps: (the main issues are for Preview, Skype, WhatsApp, Slack, Spotify..)

2.Minor Bug: When I click on the Night Shift button from the Touchbar, it sometimes randomly goes back to the not night shift mode. Even thought it is being selected in the Touch Bar.

3.Minor Bug: When having an external drive. If I eject it without the touchbar, the external drive can be persistent on the touchbar

Question:

1. When there is no coded touchbar and click the triangle, we go back to the original apple Touch Bar (great touch). But is there a shortcut to go back to yours ? (For maybe access music or agenda?) Sometimes "Fn" doesn't work. Is it linked to the apple vanilla Touchbar settings chosen ?

Remarks:

• The Disabling Esc works perfectly for 16" MacBook Pro, and the design is ideal.
  • If you need Beta Testers let me know :slight_smile:

Thank you again for everything, I am extremely grateful to you and your work.

Thanks so much for your encouragement!! I really appreciate it so much.

Requests

I may schedule this for the update after the next update, as it'll focus on feature implelentation. I'll soon add your requests to my gitub to keep track of it!

Could you please add some widgets for Brave (If it is not too complicated in terms of script?). This browser is truly life-changing and if we could be able to use your Touchbar with this browser at the best of this capacities. This would be insane in terms of productivity.

Sure! will look into it. Did you mean Web Widgets?

Sometimes, I am watching a movie, or a video and don't want to be disturb by the touchbar light. Is there an option to turn the screen off. Or reduce the time of inactivity to shut it down ? (That would be a great feature, maybe just a keyboard shortcut could be perfect.

Not at the moment in AQT, It might be possible though may be hard to implement. I'll do some research to see if this is possible.

Bugs

Some applications that you have coded presets for are not being registered properly. And therefore, I cannot enjoy your presets.. In the BTT menu I have some black interrogation marks.. Is this normal? I have this problem for the following apps: (the main issues are for Preview, Skype, WhatsApp, Slack, Spotify..)

Usually these occur if you don't have the apps installed... Are any of them installed but with a question mark?

2.Minor Bug: When I click on the Night Shift button from the Touchbar, it sometimes randomly goes back to the not night shift mode. Even thought it is being selected in the Touch Bar.

Did you mean the colour of the icon or the screen itself?

3.Minor Bug: When having an external drive. If I eject it without the touchbar, the external drive can be persistent on the touchbar

Could you open that widget when it happens and show me what displays? I've had some issues with it and i'm continuing to find it's edge cases.

Question:

When there is no coded touchbar and click the triangle, we go back to the original apple Touch Bar (great touch). But is there a shortcut to go back to yours ? (For maybe access music or agenda?) Sometimes "Fn" doesn't work. Is it linked to the apple vanilla Touchbar settings chosen ?

To access the default touchbar hold the apps button. The other way is FN.

Thank you so much for replying this fast!!

Requests
Thanks for looking into it. Yes I meant Web Widgets. And I understand for the 2nd request that it might be tricky. thanks for looking into it. (It could even be great for energy consumption)

Bugs

1. Yes, I have for exemple this issue with preview.. the name of the app in the settings is even: Preview-Error (I don't know if this is normal..) Do you recommend something ?
    [Note: I also just noticed, that I don't have any touchbar for neither Notes nor Reminders]

2. I mean the screen itself. The icon on the touchbar is locked as if the screen is on NightShift. But it's not.

3. For the Hard Drive:
    Here is a picture of the touchbar when I do a "long press" on the Disk:

I am really new to BTT and I don't know what you mean by showing you the widget. I have the issue right now, so if you give me a step-by-step guide. I can do it right now.

Question
Thanks for the answer.

No Problem, @Bongrand

Requests

Thanks for looking into it. Yes I meant Web Widgets. And I understand for the 2nd request that it might be tricky. thanks for looking into it. (It could even be great for energy consumption)

:+1:

Bugs

1. Yes, I have for exemple this issue with preview.. the name of the app in the settings is even: Preview-Error (I don't know if this is normal..) Do you recommend something ?
    [Note: I also just noticed, that I don't have any touchbar for neither Notes nor Reminders]

Preview-error is normal, that handles an unrecognised files in preview just in case. It has an icon that isn't just a black "?".
Having black "?" apps shouldn't be a problem, that's just a touchbar for an app you don't have installed.

1. I mean the screen itself. The icon on the touchbar is locked as if the screen is on NightShift. But it's not.

Hmm okay, I'll check how it switches NightShift. What are your macos nightshift settings?

1. For the Hard Drive:
    Here is a picture of the touchbar when I do a "long press" on the Disk:

I am really new to BTT and I don't know what you mean by showing you the widget. I have the issue right now, so if you give me a step-by-step guide. I can do it right now.

Yes that's what I wanted to see.
Is this the case for the widget in the QuickApps too? (App icon on the right), there should be an external disks widget in there too. Check if that displays a 1 as well.

Question
Thanks for the answer.
Your'e welcome!

1. Okk. But when I open a normal pdf. or my notes, or reminders. Is it normal that the touchbar is like this:

2. Just want to point out, that this is a minor bug. 1st, the nightshift will work. But after a few minutes, the screen will just not be in night shift anymore. (However, if I do it after that the bug appeared manually in the control center, everything works)

Here are my settings (sorry for the french):

1. Yes, it is the case as well. (it displays a 1 as well).

Let me know if you need a MacBook Pro 16" for any beta testing.

Notes and reminders don't have an AQT bar as I found I can't do better than the apple one for now. What are you openning the PDF with?

AQT is made to work with english so some things may act funny on your french system. The script seems to be fine on my side...

Could you check the script on your side? (box 3)

Reminders and Notes:
How do I use the apple native ones then ? because, when I click on the bar. It only shows the default apple one. (Not the apple one for Notes or Reminders)
In my case this:

(Note: I would have the same question for Calculator)

External Drive
Here is what I have:

I see a potential issue in the code, will fix for the next version.

Set this in system preferences to see native touchbar controls!

Press "Customise Control Strip..." to customise the apple native control strip too. I have mine with just the AQT and play button. (Using AQT gestures to adjust vol, brightness etc.)

Apple's native safari touchbar

Ah thanks. It works :slight_smile:

But what do you mean by: "I have mine with just the AQT and play button. (Using AQT gestures to adjust vol, brightness etc.)" ?
You have the native Apple + AQT gestures for vol, brightness ? Because, when I am in the standard Apple Touchbar. I don't have AQT gestures.

(I'll go to sleep, but thanks again for all this help... You are an amazing person. And if at some point in my life, I can help you. I will do it :smiley: with pleasure)

1 Like

Yeah, I just open AQT, slide around, and then close it again for apps that don't support it. (Hence the long bar, you can tap it to return to apple). If you swipe it with one finger you can see some tips.

It's an AQT side thing, enabling gestures outside of AQT is very buggy and doesn't work very well

Been using AQT for a few weeks, and I greatly appreciate the work you've done! The philosophy of leaving Apple's defaults alone is exactly what I was looking for when looking at existing presets.

I have a simple feature request -- adding a caffeinate toggle to quickly modify energy saver preferences (essentially a Touch Bar equivalent of Amphetamine).

There are (at least) two common use cases:

• toggling dim display settings when watching a video
  • toggling system sleep when running a batch of work that you're running while away from your workstation

I've setup the first use case as an addition to the far left of the QuickMedia widget, with the following Apple Script trigger

try
	set ret to do shell script "pgrep -x caffeinate"
	if ret > 0 then
		return true
	else
		return false
	end if
on error
	return false
end try

and this run Apple Script (async) action:

try
	set isSet to do shell script "pgrep -x caffeinate"
	try
		do shell script "pkill -9 caffeinate"
		return "succesffuly killed caffeinate"
	on error
		return "could not kill"
	end try
on error
	try
		do shell script "caffeinate -dimsu"
		return "successfully launched caffeinate"
	on error
		return "failed to start caffeinate"
	end try
end try

It would be nice if various media could automatically launch a caffeinate session to be killed when the media is no longer being consumed (e.g., if launched app is media with pid of 917, then run caffeinate <options> -w 917), but this might be difficult for streaming situations, as I'm unaware of a way to get the pid using something like pgrep for web domains, as it's all obscured through a WebKit process; Amphetamine provides methods for setting up triggers for native apps, IP address, DNS, etc., but not through named web domains. Perhaps a simple workaround would be holding and sliding to set a duration when activating, and sending the command caffeinate <options> -t [time chosen converted to seconds]

Thanks again!

At this point you know more than me about that :sweat_smile:

Ironically I'm actually not too strong with coding, i can only barely understand what you said there XD

it would be great if you could try get something up, if you have any questions regarding how BTT or AQT works then I might be able to answer.

If you'd like to continue you could start a new Github Issue!
Of course, you'd be credited in the code, in the forums and in the update changelog!

By the way, there is already a "don't sleep" in Quick Controls that is based on caffinate:

I know in the previous Aquatouch for iTunes when the music was playing that the song artwork would show and I know that Apple's integration of creating a music app has changed everything. Is it possible to ever get the song artwork when a song plays in a future release? thanks again for the great preset !

It was very hard to fix but it has already been fixed in my latest version.

That version is still being tested with a few loose ends to tie up but will be out soon!

Changelog for upcoming next version

You might want to fix the filename on github... Unless you want it to be changeloNg.md :grinning:

1 Like