🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Interesting, because it seemed to be wokring fine for a long time. I'll see when I release 3.5.1.

Oh that's interesting! Maybe I broke something for older uploads when I was updating the share service yesterday! I thought this was some new version.

//I'll restore a backup of the database before yesterday in about an hour.

1 Like

I think I restored everything relevant, and it seems to work again. Apparently some data got deleted when I changed the database structure.

1 Like

Everything seems to be working here! Thank you!

1 Like

Hey! I got it working! Just one question.

Is the ESC button supposed to be cut off like this?

Hi @nacho!

The escape button was made to look like it is on the very edge of the touchbar, like the original location of the escape key.

I achieved this by pushing the escape icon to the verry edgy edge of the touchbar’s screen. Unfortunatley, there is a bezel (a space with no screen) in that area, so when you tap the button, it looks cut off. The touch sensor goes over the edge of the screen though, so the escape key will respond even if you tap where there is no display.

If you do not like this design, you can revert it to the standard design in AQT Settings (found in the touchbar of the BTT window.

1 Like

Sorry for my inactivity! This update should fix a couple, if not most, of the AQT-side issues that have been circling since 3.5.0. Sorry for the long wait, I'm currently working towards high-school graduation so most of my focus is to finish my projects and to keep my marks up. Thanks for your wait!

(updates always scare me. I hope I didn't mix anything up :sweat:)

Download

Download at the AQT Downloads Thread! ➔

Changelog

Feature Changes
Quality Improvements
Bug Fixes

Update Poll!

"Do you like the new Safari replacement set, or would you like Safari Default Touch Bar set back?"

Vote on the poll at the downloads thread post! ➔

@Andreas_Hegenberg Would you mind if you developer-approve AQT v3.5.1? It'll probably stick around for a while.

Hi @yuuiko, I can't tell when it started, but for some reason the Toggle BetterTouch button on the right side stay even when BetterTouch TouchBar is active.

I've never messed with any of the finder configurations in BTT and it seem to be the only app with this behaviour.

Do you have any idea of what could be the issue?

Seems to be another case of the Random App Behaviour Reset Bug.
(@Andreas_Hegenberg!)

To fix this;

Hello, thank you for Aquatouch. I just bought BTT and currently enjoying it so far.

How do I contribute & edit AquaTouch.
I am currently modifying AquaTouch as a base to 1) include support for additional apps (Station, Kakaotalk) 2) Add global keys for general-purpose app (This of course will have to be my own fork). 3) Add keyboard shortcut for window tile management.

However when I add global keys -

Even if I check both options, and tick 'Show always' it never appears.
Is there some script that prevents this?

Furthermore if I copy and paste 'Emojis' folder to new apps (Station, Kakaotalk for example) why does the emoji box does not appear when any of these apps are opened?

Its very unintuitive for me. Any guide would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit : Gaming mode download link for v3.5.1 seems to be broken.

Hi @zcahfg2!

Help AQT

I'd love to include your app support! In the past, people have made their customisations in their own preset and sent it to me. I then merge them into AQT after a bit of touchups. Your ideas sound great!

Add "Global Key"

I assume you're trying to add a TouchBar button that shows everywhere? I didn't seem to have much trouble doing it and there shouldn't be anything that stops it. I created a test button:

Try Make Sure:
27%20pm

41%20pm

Emojis Group

When you copy over the emojis group, make sure to unhide it:
27%20pm

Gaming Mode

Thanks for that! I'll check the gamemode download.

If I got anything wrong or you have further issues, feel free to comment!

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Please find my update below, it has some modifications to the original preset.
(In particular, (1) Gap after ESC key is reduced, and (2) donation, visit forum button remapped to control button rather than option button.)

The other additions are included in the new preset I uploaded below.

You can find detailed update in this link below:

The aforementioned problems were leviated once I force quit BTT and restarted it. Seems like the tool itself isn't very stable? I had it crashed few times.

Few issues with the current prototype:

• (Minor) I had to check "Always show, even if other global actions are hidden" option for 3 global tile management keys, without this checkbox the buttons do not show at all. Because of that I am unable to hide the buttons when BTT is on focus. i.e.

• (Minor-ish) Station app support is a 'hack'. People who use station should look how I configured BTT and change accordingly. The current configuration assumes the apps in Station is ordered in specific order. I am not sure if this can be improved unless the devs working for Station either include support for Apple script or implement this themselves. Since station app is an electron-app there might be a support for applescript in future but I am not sure yet.

• (major) People who relied on tab change buttons may take time to get used to this configuration. It is now moved slightly to the right. I personally use keyboard shortcuts to change tabs so I don't have a problem with it (In my own fork, I will remove tab buttons).

• (major) Chrome support is currently WIP and is unstable.

And I need some guidance for configuring Chrome like Safari:

Seems like some conflict is there on Safari BTT for youtube:

1. Where is this configured? Safari-YouTube doesn't have settings for this.
    In fact, Safari-Youtube setting only comes up if I press 'Command' Button. And this Safari-Youtube navigation bar does not work (i.e. press but does not change playback time) The default youtube one shown in the picture works fine, however.

2. Control Strip doesn't appear to do anything.

As you can see, the control strip button does not appear on Safari.

1. ShowIf URL Apple script doesn't seem to work properly:
    In particular:

if currTab contains "docs.google.com" then

--set videoTitle to name of t

return "Google Docs"

else

return ""

end if

Video title is still Youtube (Youtube is not opened)

Many thanks in advance Yuuiko, I understand some of my questions will be very noobish since I have just installed BTT and have no experience in Apple script. I will probably have more questions coming up after your reply to the above issues. Thanks!

1 Like

This is by design. When you exit the AQT touchbar (press fn briefly), the AQT control strip button (which is usually just a triangle) shows the updated version, e.g. Docs with the triangle, Youtube with the triangle, etc. which allows you to quickly open that specific touch bar group.

The version I downloaded contains:

try
	if currTab contains "www.youtube.com/watch" then
		--set videoTitle to name of t
		return "YouTube"
	else
		return ""
	end if
on error
	return ""
end try

Since the script uses Javascript inside AppleScript (which is disabled as a security measure by default), this will not work. To enable this, you have to open Safari's preferences, click the Advanced tab, and enable 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' at the bottom. Once this is done, you have to open the Develop menu and click on 'Allow Javascript from Apple Events' (fourth from the bottom).

Once all of this is done, the navigation bar will magically start working.

Thanks for your contributions! They look quite useful though I'd need to review it first (while considering if it is useful for the wider audience).

Thank you also for the bug reports. @onaforeignshore's instructions might help you with that.

I'm not able to activley work on AQT as of now though, so it may be a while before your changes become a reality. Do keep me updated though.
For the Chrome Widgets, leave that to me, its quite a very interconnected feature with variables being written and read, window names and URLs being read, javascript and all kinds of stuff. Quite a complex thing. Thanks a lot for your work! I'll download your current mod to remember that its there but do keep me in the know if you update anything.

Thank you both for the replies.

Please find the latest version that I have updated today.

• Quick tiling snapping global shortcut I added in the previous version is removed.
  • Chrome has major modification suited for my needs. Probably may not be so useful for wider audience.
    • Supports Google docs. It shows docs related buttons by default.
  • Aqua bug fix : Media control mode isn't working at the moment. I added 2 scripts for Chrome and Safari supporting Youtube.
  • Quick bug fix updating preset version to 3.5.1 from 3.5.0 (Unable to locate preset each other). I havn't tested gaming mode much. I probably won't play so much game on this laptop.
  • IntellIJ support
  • Station support
  • Control + Option opens Util tab showing weather forecasts, temperature and fan speed (istats needed).

Please find full description and pictures in the link provided above.

I am fairly happy with the current setup and try to get use to this setup from now. It would be great to fix media control group apps. however.

What I may add in future :

• Add support for Notion app, but I will see how it goes and whether i feel the need to do that.
  • Chrome Youtube slider to change time from media control tab.

I will add any updates here if there is one.

2 Likes

Hi, Since 3.5.1, the MediaControlMode don't works as seamlessly as 3.5.0.

I use it mainly with Spotify and i'm no longer able to start/stop the song using long press on the MediaControlMode group button.

Also, when I'm in the group and I click next song, I can see the {"text":{"text"... with song name updating for a second before showing only the artist and song name.

I've tested back in 3.5.0 and theses 2 issues works fine.

Thanks for the bug report. Will look into it.

This update adds Web Widgets to Chrome and fixes some bugs that appeared on v3.5.1.

Download

Download at the AQT Downloads Thread! ➔

Changelog

Bug Fixes
New Features
Quality Improvements

@Dom:stuck_out_tongue:
@dfrigon, try if this update fixes your issues.