🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Will add "Disable Media Keyshortcuts in settings" to my list!

@everyone I'm at a very busy time of my life (grad coming up) so AQT work will be drastically slower. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, now it's working

1 Like

@yuuiko First of all thanks for providing such a great preset for BTT !
I tried to create some new presets myself to add with AquaTouch, but i can't seem to get those to work, is there any tutorial on how to do this ? And also can you customize the Quick Controls apps, like can i add my own buttons etc ?

Hi @Phisicz!

Thanks for your... thanks? ahaa I appreciate it.

Yes, you can customise AQT as you like, but do note that if your customisation is an edit or removal of AQT elements then they may not stay if there is an AQT update.

There is however a way to maintain Added customisations, instructions for this can be found in the usage manual, in the BTT bar while the configuration window is open. Tell me how those instructions go.

Summary:

• adding things - can persist across updates
  • removing things - won't persist across updates
  • editing AQT things other than built-in settings - won't persist across updates

I'm not sure what you're trying to add, so it'll be great if you specified what you're adding. The #discussion forum in this community is also a great place to ask about how to get things working.

In terms of adding things to the QuickApps, or into any section of the quickstrip, this is where its found:

Hi @yuuiko, I made an interesting feature on the quickplay in the localized update, the play button shows which application to stop, it seems to me very good, and I hooked up quick play buttons to iTunes and spotify

That's a now playing widget. Are you sure you set it's settings correctly?

Yes, on each play button, its own script is responsible for its application, and the total shows the last application that is active and you can understand what exactly you pause.
just change one settings button play widget settings icon: only icon app

1 Like

Oh, wait! I read your last message as an issue to fix.. I guess i'm sleepy..

(Off-topic) Hei @yuuiko! I hope your exams are going well!! :joy:

1 Like

Hello @yuuiko, I found a small bug: if I use BTT Setapp version, welcome screen is glitched
To fix it you need to change Unsupported condition "App Name is BetterTouchTool" to "App Name contains BetterTouchTool"

1 Like

Not sure if im crazy, but in MacOS Catalina the media button on the quick strip (only 3 appear).

Could you send screenshots of this? ⌘⇧6 to screenshot the TouchBar.

Unfortunatley i'm reluctant to move to Catalina Beta to test AQT as i'm pretty busy right now and can't cope with a system hiccup. May be hard to troubleshoot on my side.

Thanks for the pickup @AlexOwl, i've fixed it up but a new update might take a while.

Hei @yuuiko how are you? :smiley:

I noticed a little problem in after effects because with the latest version u can't move anymore between frames with pag up and down because the system try to play/stop music .... Any help?

Hai @Dom!

I'm very busy lol, so much work :cold_sweat:

This is the second time someone has a conflict with the fn-arrow keys. Do you think I should remove this function or make an on/off in the settings?

Keynote actually disables the arrow keys, as presentation clickers use the same fn-left/right which conflicts with the AQT media shortcuts. For now you can use this to disable the shortcuts for AE.

1 Like

Keep strong man, a last effort!!

Maybe you could make an on/off in the settings yes, but in my opinion this function is really useful! (I use it every moment to control spotify because is much more intuitive and rapid instead of using touch bar!)

Thank you so much for the solution, i was searching for an option like that to disable it only in after effects XD

1 Like

Problem:
I have been using this awesome present for the touchbar for 2 days and it has been working well for me, however I can no longer see the triangle symbol on the touch bar to open up the Auquatouch touchbar. Right now it is blank and I cannot click on it. Is there a way to fix this? I already tried deleting everything in my library folder and re downloading BBT and your preset but that doesn't seem to fix this.

Answer:
It seems that that there has to be a specific way to restart the BBT program for this problem to be solved. This may be the problem of the program BBT and not this preset.
If you are on the default setting and restart BBT:

You will get:

If you are using BBT as your touch bar (using Aquatouch Preset):

You will get (only if you wait for the touch bar to fully load after restarting BBT):

Resetting button:

@Alex_Burton

Yes, this is a BTT issue with the Control Strip Widget @Andreas_Hegenberg

@Alex_Burton I currently don't seem to be able to reproduce it here, maybe some weird timing issue with the Touch Bar API. However you should be able to workaround it by unchecking this:

@Andreas_Hegenberg
I tried a couple settings and it seems like changing the setting "Show BBT Icon in Control Strip" to off will allow me to always have the BBT preset showing in the control strip no matter how I restarted the BBT program.
The "Hide icon from Control Strip....." button didn't make any difference on my side.

its a CS Button widget refresh issue as far as i’m aware. It doesn’t refresh properly