🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Hey @Tim! Not @yuuiko, but may be able to help. For Keynote make sure you have the touch bar configuration set to show BTT and hide MacOS control strip.

And for switching between default and AQT via CMD key, etc. can be disabled by going to Touch Bar settings --> advanced and disable this first option about keyboard modifier keys.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! Excactly what i was looking for! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! The YouTube widget now works great.

Is it possible for the zoom microphone and camera buttons to show their current status?

Even when media function keys are disabled, PgUp and PgDown still don't work. Also, please add a persistent setting to disable toggling the AQT with the fn key.

1 Like

@Omoeba

Thanks for your help @DecafMountain0!

@Tim thank you so much for the encouragement!

A little bit on why that option is enabled, if you're interested:
It's not intended that the command and other modifiers switch the bar to AQT.. It's currently an issue with how bettertouchtool can implement the feature i desired:

The feature is modifier suggestions, They should only pop up when you hold down a modifier key and if the current app supports them, however it seems like all apps are hopping to AQT even if they don't have suggestions to show.

In any case disabling that checkbox should fix it up temporarily, just note that you might be missing out on that feature.

@Omoeba
I will see if I can reflect the mute/blind status, but zoom needs to give out something to read for me to do this.

Nice setting suggestions, I'll look into it!

Hi. Great app. I'm having a small issue though, I don't see any of the temp icons in gamemode. Only the battery shows up. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Hi @wesbar!

Those need the iStats helper to run. They previously had issues with catalina but it seems to be working after I checked just then

I'll been working on them for the next update as they don't have any mention of this install, but in the meantime you can try install it manually:

Open the terminal and type:

gem install iStats

followed with return
Should install automatically after that, see if the widgets start working

Notes

Download

Download on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread ➔

What's New

New App Support!
Improvements
Bug Fixes

Hi. Tried to install istats but get an error message saying I don't have permission to write to the ruby folder?

Hello,
can you please fix the Beats battery script? It does not work properly: it is shown in this way.

The correct battery % is 60, but it show also another number.

Thank you so much

@wesbar
try

sudo gem install iStats

Let me know how this goes. I've had trouble with it on catalina

@sacco
Would you mind helping me out with this?
Visit this thread I just made:
Fixing AQT's Bluetooth Widgets

Hi. No joy with that either although it does get further. Get the attached message?

1 Like

@wesbar

Try follow this guide, specifically the one about "Gem Errors"

Careful to follow them closely and search up anything you doubt

https://medium.com/faun/macos-catalina-xcode-homebrew-gems-developer-headaches-cf7b1edf10b7

I'm not too experienced with the Terminal so I bet that'll help more than I can. It appears II got mine working purely by chance after tearing several files and stuff apart

Running Mojave here. Getting an issue while trying to install Gem iStats for game mode widget that I don't have root permissions. Very strange since I have an admin account. Any recommendations?

@thomascanndrum

Did you get any error messages?

Reply at the new FAQ thread:

this happens with spotify but the album cover and song name appears when i use spotify connect to play on another device, tried reinstalling spotify and the preset, no luck

@platterfoot

Open "Script Editor" on your mac, and make a new document.

Put this script in and run, tell me what number shows up

if application "Spotify" is running then
	tell application "Spotify"
		try
			if player state is playing then
				set sName to (get name of current track)
				set sArtist to (get artist of current track)

if (length of sName) > 25 then
					set sName to text 1 thru 22 of sName & "..."
				else
					set sName to (get name of current track)
				end if
				if (length of sArtist) > 25 then
					set sArtist to text 1 thru 22 of sArtist & "..."
				else
					set sArtist to (get artist of current track)
				end if
				if sArtist is not "" then
					set nowPlaying to sName & "  —  " & sArtist
				else
					set nowPlaying to sName
				end if

--fix JSON-Breaking Double Quotes
				set aString to nowPlaying
				set astid to AppleScript's text item delimiters
				set AppleScript's text item delimiters to quote
				set aString to text items of aString
				set AppleScript's text item delimiters to "\\" & quote
				set aString to aString as text
				set AppleScript's text item delimiters to astid
				-- Quotes have been vanquished
				set nowPlaying to aString

set artworkURL to artwork url of current track

set fileName to ((((path to application support folder from user domain) as text) & "BetterTouchTool:" as text) & "spotify_cover.png")

set sNamePlist to ""
				set sArtistPlist to ""
				set plistfile_path to ((((path to application support folder from user domain) as text) & "BetterTouchTool:" as text) & "spotify_playing.plist")

set returnText to "{\"text\":\"" & nowPlaying & "\",\"font_color\": \"255,255,255,255\", \"icon_path\":\"" & (POSIX path of fileName as text) & "\" }"

-- read the plist file
				tell application "System Events"
					try
						if file plistfile_path exists then
							tell property list file plistfile_path
								tell contents
									set sNamePlist to value of property list item "sName"
									set sArtistPlist to value of property list item "sArtist"
								end tell
							end tell
						end if
						if (sName is sNamePlist) and (sArtist is sArtistPlist) then
							--return "Found it!"
							tell application "BetterTouchTool" to set_string_variable "ShowNotPlayingMsg1" to "false"
							--return returnText
							return "1"

end if
					on error
						tell application "BetterTouchTool" to set_string_variable "ShowNotPlayingMsg1" to "true"
						--return "{\"text\":\" Spotify \",\"font_color\": \"255,255,255,255\"}"
						return "2"
					end try
				end tell

if (sName is not sNamePlist) or (sArtist is not sArtistPlist) then

tell application "System Events"
						try
							-- create an empty property list dictionary item
							set the parent_dictionary to make new property list item with properties {kind:record}

-- create new property list file using the empty dictionary list item as contents
							set this_plistfile to ¬
								make new property list file with properties {contents:parent_dictionary, name:plistfile_path}
							make new property list item at end of property list items of contents of this_plistfile ¬
								with properties {kind:string, name:"sName", value:sName}
							make new property list item at end of property list items of contents of this_plistfile ¬
								with properties {kind:string, name:"sArtist", value:sArtist}
						on error
							tell application "BetterTouchTool" to set_string_variable "ShowNotPlayingMsg1" to "true"
							return "3"
						end try
					end tell

do shell script "curl " & artworkURL & " -o ~/Library/Application\\ Support/BetterTouchTool/spotify_cover.png"

tell application "BetterTouchTool" to set_string_variable "ShowNotPlayingMsg1" to "false"
					--return returnText
					return "4"

end if
			else
				return "5"
			end if
		on error
			return "6"
		end try
	end tell
else
	return "7"
end if

@yuuiko

After installing the latest BTT update I ran into the same issue as @platterfoot. I tried the script you posted and it returned "1". Also, now the "current song" is gone entirely on the Spotify app set.

1 Like