🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Hi @sacco!

Before doing the following, I'd like to know a few things as I changed the code and I'm unsure how stable it is.

Would you mind letting me know what you see in the Touch Bar BEFORE and after enabling this option?
If it's already enabled then do let me know too.

Check if you have this enabled for safari.

Hi @yuuiko
Do you misstake "skip ad" for Youtube Widget between Safari and Google Chrome?

Thanks.

Hello,
after enabling Javascript from apple event, it works :slight_smile:
Since now, I've never enabled the developer option on safari, and the bar looked like it normally works but Time Elapsed and Duration were --:-- while the slider was stuck at the same position.

After enabling developer option, I have tested this feature and it worked.
If I uncheck the "Allow JavaScript from Apple Event" the Touch Bar is like this

If I disable the developer option from safari I get this

The important thing is that if I never enable the develop option on safari, I can't understand why it does not work, since it does not me show that I have to enable this develop option

Hope this might be helpful.

Thanks a lot

@To_Huy
It was very hard to implement and the way I skipped ads required the user to have a few settings on so it ended up being dormant in there for a long while.... I think youtube also keeps changing things up and it kept becoming unresponsive too.

It might make a comeback someday but for now I don't have any plans for it

@sacco
Oh i seee, Seems like I forgot to handle one of the cases: "user has never set those settings before". (quite an important oen) Thanks! it was very helpful.

Hey @yuuiko

Thanks for all your hard work on this project, I truly love it and use it as a designer on a daily basis! Thank you so much!

Anyway i got two question. Firstly, in Keynote, this weird bug happens (see picture). I somehow have the right side doubled, once default mac and once AQT... Weird right?

And secondly, is there any possibility to remove the feature to switch from default to AQT with the cmd key? I would really like to just switch via the button on the Touchbar.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Cheers
Tim

Hey @Tim! Not @yuuiko, but may be able to help. For Keynote make sure you have the touch bar configuration set to show BTT and hide MacOS control strip.

And for switching between default and AQT via CMD key, etc. can be disabled by going to Touch Bar settings --> advanced and disable this first option about keyboard modifier keys.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! Excactly what i was looking for! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! The YouTube widget now works great.

Is it possible for the zoom microphone and camera buttons to show their current status?

Even when media function keys are disabled, PgUp and PgDown still don't work. Also, please add a persistent setting to disable toggling the AQT with the fn key.

1 Like

@Omoeba

Thanks for your help @DecafMountain0!

@Tim thank you so much for the encouragement!

A little bit on why that option is enabled, if you're interested:
It's not intended that the command and other modifiers switch the bar to AQT.. It's currently an issue with how bettertouchtool can implement the feature i desired:

The feature is modifier suggestions, They should only pop up when you hold down a modifier key and if the current app supports them, however it seems like all apps are hopping to AQT even if they don't have suggestions to show.

In any case disabling that checkbox should fix it up temporarily, just note that you might be missing out on that feature.

@Omoeba
I will see if I can reflect the mute/blind status, but zoom needs to give out something to read for me to do this.

Nice setting suggestions, I'll look into it!

Hi. Great app. I'm having a small issue though, I don't see any of the temp icons in gamemode. Only the battery shows up. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Hi @wesbar!

Those need the iStats helper to run. They previously had issues with catalina but it seems to be working after I checked just then

I'll been working on them for the next update as they don't have any mention of this install, but in the meantime you can try install it manually:

Open the terminal and type:

gem install iStats

followed with return
Should install automatically after that, see if the widgets start working

Notes

Download

Download on the AQT Updates and Downloads Thread ➔

What's New

New App Support!
Improvements
Bug Fixes

Hi. Tried to install istats but get an error message saying I don't have permission to write to the ruby folder?

Hello,
can you please fix the Beats battery script? It does not work properly: it is shown in this way.

The correct battery % is 60, but it show also another number.

Thank you so much

@wesbar
try

sudo gem install iStats

Let me know how this goes. I've had trouble with it on catalina

@sacco
Would you mind helping me out with this?
Visit this thread I just made:
Fixing AQT's Bluetooth Widgets

Hi. No joy with that either although it does get further. Get the attached message?

1 Like

@wesbar

Try follow this guide, specifically the one about "Gem Errors"

Careful to follow them closely and search up anything you doubt

https://medium.com/faun/macos-catalina-xcode-homebrew-gems-developer-headaches-cf7b1edf10b7

I'm not too experienced with the Terminal so I bet that'll help more than I can. It appears II got mine working purely by chance after tearing several files and stuff apart