🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Hi @Vakke!

Unfortunatley due to system limitations BTT can’t modify native app controls, therefore I’m unable to do much “out there” except open the BTT bar.

I’m not sure which control strip you’re talking about, as there’s the Mac OS control strip and the AquaTouch Strip. It is possible to have the MacOS strip within AquaTouch (you can see this in the old v2) but I can’t bring the AquaTouch Strip to the MacOS native bar.

Despite this, The main point of AquaTouch is to ADD to the macOS strip, allowing you to use the default macOS touchbar set whenever you want OR whenever it’s better.

AQT should automatically close for Safari, allowing you to use it’s controls. To learn how this works, I suggest you read the “Using Aquatouch” manual that you can get to in the touchbar of the BTT window!

If I missed any of your questions or if you have more, then feel free to ask. I’m happy to help!

@yuuiko

First of all, your preset is incredible. I've just begun learning how to use BTT and have managed some of the most basic things, but am slowly tweaking Aquatouch on my machine to cater to my own personal uses, so thank you for this.

I wanted to known whether there is any way that the Aqua touch Finder app can be programmed to show the scrollable preview of a document as it is done in the native finder touchbar?

Thanks again!

I guess it's DNS related.

curl https://rebrand.ly/yuuiko-AQT-b3-4-0
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: rebrand.ly

I'm using quad-9:

nslookup rebrand.ly
Got recursion not available from 9.9.9.9

After manually adding

34.194.129.170 rebrand.ly

It worked fine. Wouldn't have checked this if you hadn't replied. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @applespider!

I'm assuming it's the one that appears in the touchbar if you quicklook a document.

I'm doubtful that there's something that can get this to work.
My best guess is we'd need to somehow sense when a quicklook window is open, then if one is, exit the AQT-BTT bar and show the MacOS bar, which is where the scroller is.

I don't think I can recreate thumbnail-visual stuff like that in BTT so merging it into AQT doesn't look possible in a while, so the first option is the most likley to work

So, to get that working, we'd need a way to 'know' that quicklook is open. Right now I can't think of any reliable way to do so... But if there is, i'd definitley like to support quicklook!

Hello @yuuiko everyone, I think it is worth doing support for different languages, I will try to do for my own (Russian). I plan to fully translate the preset, t to, some actions do not work when installing another system language. I think it is worth thinking about how to implement the language buttons in the settings.

@ErmakOFF1990ya, @SolidRhino,

A new discussion has been made about Localisation.

Hello and thank you for your reply @yuuiko !

So the thing I'm trying to say is that in this picture of the AquaTouch the AquaTouch Strip with orange line would be constantly there no matter what. The button which switches the stance between AquaTouch controls and MacOS controls would also be constant but a little smaller with the same greyer backgroud so it can be seperated from the original AquaTouch Strip but still part of it. The last part which is lined on red would be the part which is changing.

So the orange and blue part are constant and always there. The button on blue part would change whats on the red line part. And on the red line there would be the MacOS default controls or AquaTouchs controls where it is supported and if it is not supported on some specific apps the logo on the blue part button would change depending on the situtation to the different shapes of the logo you've already made!

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say :smile: Is this possible to do somehow?

@Vakke

That would be the dream, but unfortunately I can't insert anything into the macOS Touchbar except for the BTT button. If this becomes possible one day I would very quickly implement it! but as long as the macOS system doesn't allow apps to edit the layouts of other apps, it's not possible unfortunately...

The best I can do is recreate the entire setup of an app within AQT, but in some cases (like safari's tabs and video sliders) I can't do this, therefore I automatically close AQT.

Thanks for the suggestion! I wanted to do this from the beginning but unfortunatley it isn't possible :confused:

p.s. you can hold the apps button to toggle the AQT bar on/off! Alternativley you can also quickly tap fn to do this too.

I never responded to your post from a while ago about the settings menu @yuuiko, but obviously I do not mind one bit that you snagged it, as you've probably figured I was hoping this exact thing would happen :smiley: feel free to reverse-engineer the more finished settings window, I've got it to a point where it's actually kind of easy to make settings switches with it. Use as much or as little of the original code as you want!

Meanwhile, I need to snag your multi-monitor window snapper :sweat_smile: I'm behind the times!!!

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

I’d like to note though that it’s a little rough around the edges (like, literally, especially the corners) so I’m looking to clean them up. Oh, and i should post it at the windowsnapping thread

1 Like

@GoldenChaos

Just if you're interested, i've (sloppily) added dropdowns to the window (after a looong time of figuring it all out)!

1 Like

Very :smiley: I've been thinking about adding some documentation to my preset as well. And definitely post the window snapping widget to the thread, I'll clean it up and post my revisions!

1 Like

I'm a heavy Blender user and just discovered it. Aquatouch looks amazing! I'm very interested on trying Blender shortcuts on the touchbar, super excited here!
Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm unsure how to install it. I just bought the perpetual BTT license some time ago and I do have the latest one on my macbook. The download section on the first post, leads me to a bunch of code for every single feature. If I want all the functionality, do I need to copy and paste all the code for every single section somewhere into BTT app?

Hi @public-pervert!

Shouldn’t it just download a .bttpreset file which you can open with BTT? Whats the file that comes out of the download link for you?

You should just be able to double click the downloaded .bttpreset file and it’ll work...

Really sorry about that. I didn't seen the buttons way down below to download as JSON
It works now! Thanks!
Just curious, how hard is it to implement new buttons to specific softwares like Blender? Is it even possible?
Thanks for the attention.

1 Like

@public-pervert

Yes! You should be able to easily add anything you like to blender!

It should be pretty easy:

Let me know what you add! I'd love to add it in so others can use it!

Is anyone having an "app open loop" issue with Spotify and iTunes while AQT is running?

• Yes
  • Sometimes
  • Never

0 voters

HELP!!! "You have the latest version of AQT." BY:3.4.0

Yes, you do! ^^

Could you explain your issue a bit further?

Thank you. but my Finder have some problems . please help!!

There is noting when I click Finder