Unexpected behaviour with Magic Mouse trigger

Describe the bug

I’d like to configure a trigger for Magic Mouse in Sketchup to emulate a middle mouse button. What it needs to do is hold the Command and Ctrl modifier keys which should then allow me to rotate the 3D model with the mouse.

I’ve tried using the triggers “1 Finger Middle Click” and “2 Finger Click” with the actions “CMD key down” and “Ctrl key down” but both give me the same unexpected result.

The first time I activate this trigger the intended functionality worked. However, it also caused the left click to stop working, only recognizing right clicks. In all apps not just in sketchup. This issue also somehow affected the trackpad in the same way and caused the keyboard to stop working entirely except for the “q” key which for some reason then takes me to the OSX login screen.

Disabling the trigger does nothing. I must quite BTT entirely in order to get everything to function normally again.

I’ve installed the process priority helper tool but this had no effect.

Am I using this incorrectly or is there some setting I’ve missed? Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Affected input device
Magic Mouse
MacBook Trackpad
MacBook Keyboard

Device information:
Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 13” with Touch Bar
macOS version: 10.14.6 Mojave
BetterTouchTool version: 3.215