turned off autoupdate but still connects to server

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Like the title says, I disabled the autoupdate but the software is still connection to your server. Why is that so? Not that I don't trust you, but if you turn off something it should work like it says.
How do I know? Because of LittleSnitch.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
    macbook pro
    imac

• macOS version:
    Mojave 10.14.6
    Catalina 10.15 latest update

• BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    3.206(1382)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

It will still check for security related updates and also sometimes validate the license (there is a note about the security updates in preferences where you turn off the updates).

However it’s ok to block that if you are not interested in these.

Nice to see that you're responding so quick and is important to you.

But I do not have any of those notes in the preferences. That's where I immediately looked after I noticed the connection, and of course you need to verify the licences. I understand that but with every start? Whatever i was just wondering and now I know what's going on.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

ah you are still using the old legacy ui, that one isn’t being updated anymore :slight_smile:

Ah. Good that you mentioned that. Now I see your notice :slight_smile: Thank you.