Trackpad taps not working consistently

Middle taps (top, bottom, left, and right) are very buggy and occasionally produce a click before the action. The corner taps are working perfectly.

Magic Trackpad 2

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.754

I'm also having this issue with the Magic Trackpad 2.

• Type of Mac: 2018 MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.754

will this be fixed? It's a great function that can't be used right now :confused:

Seems to work fine on my Magic Trackpad 2.
Are you maybe using the system accessibility option to enable three finger dragging? Unfortunately three finger dragging is not really compatible with BTT and can result in the described behavior.

Three finger drag is off

Heres what's happening https://community.folivora.ai/uploads/default/original/2X/0/094df0ec551d1fdba962cb6a2edbfd056efebae1.mov

Oh I think I may have identified a change in the OS that could cause this.
I'll try to add a workaround with the next alpha, probably tomorrow.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Would be great if you could try the latest alpha (v2.810, get via "check for alpha version updates")

I'm the OP and still having this issue. I have BTT via SetApp. How can I update? My current version is 2.717

Unfortunately Setapp doesn't support alpha versions, so you'll need to wait until the stable release.

OK, when do you expect that to be?

probably 1-2 weeks

Yes, it is now working correctly on the new alpha. Thank you again!

I'm running 2.830, with a magic trackpad 2, and I'm having what appears to be a related problem: Many clicks are being dropped.

I think that's the opposite problem :wink: Would be great if you could create a separate bug report for that and maybe go to the about tab in BetterTouchTool and click the "export debug information" button - then send the BetterTouchToolDebug folder from your Desktop to andreas@folivora.ai. This will show me whether any click has been actively blocked by BTT and if so why. (e.g. some gestures need to disable clicks in specific situations)