Trackpad Shortcut Disables Keyboard Shortcuts

Describe the bug
I have my "z" & "x" keys in Safari setup in BTT's "Keyboard" section to trigger "Left Click" and "Space Bar" respectively. I have "4 Finger Click" in Global setup in BTT's "Trackpads" section to trigger "Mission Control".
When I am using Safari, "z" & "x" correctly trigger their appropriate shortcuts until I use my Global "4 Finger Click" shortcut to show Mission Control.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.)
MacBook Keyboard, MacBook Trackpad

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.717

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
This problem does NOT occur when I use Apple's default Mission Control trackpad shortcut that is not configured through BTT (the 2 finger slide from the top right of the trackpad), and "z" can still be used to trigger "Left Click" elsewhere on the screen and dismiss Mission Control following the aforementioned swipe.
This problem caused by BTT goes away and the "z" & "x" keys begin properly trigger their respective appropriate shortcuts if I switch from Safari to another app and back to Safari again.

PS: Sorry if my setup makes you cringe. I play a lot of Minesweeper in Safari to destress and mapping the keys like this improves my speed :sweat_smile:.

PPS: It would be nice if I could make it so "z" & "x" only did these things when Caps Lock was on, so I could make Caps Lock my Minesweeper mode. This isn't possible without Karabiner right...?

I am experiencing a similar issue as well.
I have my global "3 Finger FORCE Click" mapped to the Application Switcher (BTT special one) and my Chrome "3 Finger Click" mapped to Opt-W (keyboard shortcut for Chrome extension CLUT: Cycle Last Used Tabs). However, I've noticed that whenever I invoke any of my BTT keyboard shortcuts, the trackpad shortcuts stop working until I restart BTT.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Any update on this? Bug still happening in the newest version of BTT.