Trackpad misfires

Since I got my new Macbook Pro in November, I've been getting misfires (triggers when it isn't supposed to) on my Trackpad for the tipTap triggers (both cmd+1 and cmd+2). It stops when BTT is closed.

This happens in all apps, and is quite annoying!

I can happen about every 15 minutes. It only happens when I'm doing something on the Trackpad, but I can guarantee with 100% accuracy that it isn't me doing it on accident.

I'd try the alpha but can't find instructions anywhere on how to use it. Might be a good idea to include a link in the template here, if you're asking us to try it. Not sure if this is related, but although I own BTT I'm using the Setapp version for convenience.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2018
  • macOS version: Mojave latest (10.14.6 (18G87))
  • BetterTouchTool version: Version 3.206 (1379)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Only workaround is to close BTT.

Maybe BTT hasn't been tested as much with the latest trackpads...?

Any way we can track this bug down?

What kind of gestures have you assigned cmd+1 and cmd+2 to?
Possibly have a look at the live view (view => show live view), if there are any phantom touches, it could be a broken touchpad.

Hi Andreas :slight_smile:
I'll run this.. is there a log as well?

Is there a log I can send you? On my 15" laptop screen I can't keep the live view in front all the time.

The logs don't contain enough detail to be helfpul for such a case.

Tip taps do look VERY similar to scrolls in some cases, depending on your fingers and their position. Especially if you are just quickly flicking over the trackpad. Possibly I could add an option that waits before executing the tip tap to see whether a scroll happens (and cancels the tip tap in that case), however something like this is not yet included in BTT.

That would be much appreciated. I just switched to 3 finger tiptap w fix. Much less ergo but much better than random things clicking every 20 minutes!

I've only had one misfire in 5 days! Usually there would have been at least 15 by now. I don't find it ergonomic so I don't find myself using it as much but hoping 2 finger TipTap will get fixed one day :slight_smile: