Touchbar button with repeat and haptic feedback does not stop when released

Describe the bug
I have several touch bar buttons configured as follows:

• "Repeat action while button is pressed" is checked
  • Repeat rate is 0.05 seconds
  • Delay until repeat is 0.15 seconds
  • In general touch bar settings, Haptic Feedback is set to Super Strong Feedback

The actions for these buttons are for raising/lowering brightness and volume.

The buttons always activate and repeat normally on button press, but sometimes, the action will continue to repeat even after releasing the button. This includes the haptic feedback, so it sounds a bit like a woodpecker has possessed my machine. The only way I've found to stop the repeating seems to be pressing and holding the button (or another touch bar button) long enough to trigger another repeating action. Even a single tap on a button doesn't stop the repeating, even though the singular action still triggers.

It seems to happen mostly when the button is pressed just long enough to start the repeat, but released very quickly afterward. I think it might be when you press it long enough to trigger the action once, but release it before the second activation.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.536 (871)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I've got this annoying issue too. My settings are almost the same as yours, repeat action to change brightness and volume. I've got Haptic Feedback enabled but don't know if the issue is related to this.

I didn't find yet the process to reproduce the issue, even with very long presses, very short ones, etc… It seems really random. But it happens enough often to reproduce it if you want to (it happens to me a few times a day).

I can send my preset if it could help solving this issue.

Still happening almost a year later, very frequently.

Really? It's not happening to me anymore.

Yeah, doing what you described, just lifting a finger near the repeat delay.