TouchBar button is somtimes called when to type something ending with hyphen

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.
Touch Bar button is somtimes called when to type Japaense words ending with hyphen.
When I type Japaense words end with hyphen, sometimes some random button around on the left top of hyphen is called. I checked if there are some settings to call TouchBar button when to type hyphen or words end with hyphen in the TouchBar and shortcut key settings, but it seemed it didn't have any problem.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

• MacBook Trackpad
  • MacBook Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:13 inch MacBookPro(M2)
  • macOS version: macOS Monterey ver 12.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.952

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

• keyboard: Japanese keyboard
  • Input: Google Japanese Input
  • Security Tool: ESET Endpoint Security

the touch bar can be pretty sensitive if your fingers are near the touch screen. I don’t think you will be able to fix this. (Maybe change the buttons near the keyboard key to require a long press)

1 Like