Describe the bug
I have a TouchBar Run Shell Script Widget (app specific in MS PowerPoint) which is linked to a modifier key (CTLR). I have checked the option "Always run on become visible" and the standard value for execute this script every x seconds which is 5.
For simplicity reasons, the shell script returns just a static value which is shown than as button as button title
Now I conduct the following steps where I would expect the button to behave different than it does:
- For the beginning, the shell script returns "A"
- I switch to PowerPoint and press the modifier key CTLR and the widget appears and shows A - so far so good
- I then switch the app to change the shell script to return "B"
- I switch back to PowerPoint and press the modifier key CTLR:
- Expectation: the widget appears and shows B, as "always run on become visible" was selected
- Reality: the widget appears and shows still A
- Fallback expectation: if I hold the modifier key for 5 seconds and longer, I would expect the the widget to run the script again and show A, but again, nothing happens
- Only if I open up the BTT config again, the widget then shows "B" instead of "A"
Thus, it appears that "always run on become visible" and "run every x seconds" is not working at all in my case. Any suggestions what to try?
Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)
- Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 13" 2016
- macOS version: 10.13.5
- BetterTouchTool version: 2.513
Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.