touch bar not loading - license reactivation?

help needed!

instead of seeing the BTT -- i see the apple toolbar (vol controls on right, and the BTT logo). when i click to upgrade - i am told i can purchase the license BUT i have the full lifetme license. any help would be greatly appreciated. how do i get the touchbar that i bought to come back?

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

using the macbook pro 2020 but am being given this message
Your BetterTouchTool installation seems to be older than two years and might not be optimized for modern Apple Silicon chips. If you are running this version on a new Mac with M1/M2 chip, please consider upgrading your license for much improved battery life & performance. (And of course there have been tons of new features and improvements during the last two years)

since i purchased the lifetime license - i do not understand why i am being asked to purchse the product again

most likely you haven't activated the lifetime license on this machine. I can't find it under the email used here, best send a quick mail to andreas@folivora.ai then I can check the license details.