Touch Bar App specific behaviour not working when showing App default Touch Bar

I'm using GoldenChaos BTT 2.641 preset, customised in part.
When selecting app specific behaviour for the Touch Bar I noticed that neither of the last two options (show app default bar, show app default bar and hide control strip if in case BTT is activated) works properly on my system.
If the 'show app default bar' is selected, the correct TB shows up, but if a modifier key is pressed and therefore a BTT specific TB customisations is called up, upon release of the modifier key the full BTT TB remains visible and I have to close it with the X button. Additionally it is 'squeezed' in the available space left between the ESC button and the Apple control strip, therefore looking totally messed up.
If I select 'show app default bar -- hide hide control strip if in case BTT is activated' no app specific TB is showed at all, in any application I tried so far. So it seems that BTT completely disregard this setting and shows the BTT TB anyway.

Affected device Touch Bar.

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.2 (18C54)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.697

Would be great if you could try v2.703 alpha, I made some changes to the modifier handling there.

Hello Andreas, I installed v2.704 alpha. It's working properly now except for FINDER, where the control strip still appear when BTT TB is activated. However in all tested apps, once I release the function key calling up BTT, the corresponding TB correctly disappear and the default one appears instead (no need to manually close BTT TB with the X button).
Overall great job, thank you.

do you have a application specific override for Finder maybe?

actually not, just the TB app specific to show the default one.
Tell you more, I've restarted the system, having set up the TB on finder to behave by 'default', i.e. BTT TB, and now no matter what specific behaviour for TB I select I get always to see the Apple default TB.
I mean always talking about Finder, the other app are behaving as expected.

if it can help we can Skype so to share my screen and see by yourself what goes on

I confirm that also with v2.708 the TB app specific settings are ignored by FINDER.

It seems to work correctly here, maybe fixed in v2.709?

Nope, just installed and nothing. Plus once the BTT TB shows up after pressing modifier keys, it stays just like before, and needs to be closed by X button.
(just on the side: snap areas now do not recognise anymore whatsapp...)

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce any of this.
It would be great if you could go to the about tab in BTT and click the "Export Debug Information" button, this will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug on your Desktop. If you send that to andreas@folivora.ai I will probably be able to see what's going on.