TipTap (2 Fingers Fix) not working correctly on Monterey

Describe the bug
I've mapped the TipTap Left (2 Fingers Fix) to Cmd-Click in both browsers I'm using (Safari/Chrome). It used to work just fine until very recently, but got somewhat broken with either an update to Monterey or a recent BTT update. Now, about 20% of the time, the gesture isn't recognised correctly. This can result in either it not being recognised at all (which is the best case, at least I can just keep moving my fingers and retrying), recognised as both cmd-click and a normal click (so I get a tab opened in the background and the current tab navigating to the same page), or just being recognised as a normal click. Any chance this would be fixed? As you can imagine, this is rather frustrating.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Trackpad.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • macOS version: 12.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.609

Somewhat unrelated, but the version number doesn't render correctly:

I've had to export debug logs just to find out what version I'm running. :slight_smile:

Any updates?

I tried to reproduce this, but it seems to be working fine here. What do your tip tap settings in the BetterTouchTool settings look like?

For your version number issue: you are using the old deprecated UI. This should not be used anymore, it's only for legacy use cases and can cause issues as it's not tested or developed anymore.

Thanks! Mine look similar, except for the sensitivity:

I'll try to adjust it to the default (?) and see if it helps. To be honest, I'm really not sure what exactly triggers this issue. Is there a way to enable some kind of debug logging so I could look at the details of the last recognized gesture when it bugs out again?

Still happens with the settings reset to default unfortunately. Might be a bit more rare now, but I'm really not sure. Is there any debug logging I could enable to help pinpoint the issue? I couldn't find anything relevant in the existing logs.

Hi,

I don't use this function, but many users have reported weird cmd+tap behaviours in Monterey (I'm one of them)... CMD+Tap (or ctrl+click) will only work once over three attempts...

So I'd say it's more of a Monterey bug than BTT...

I've never seen this happen with the actual command-click. Even when BTT gets completely stuck and unable to trigger this gesture, using the keyboard + trackpad normally works every time.

This happens only when the "Tap to click" option is enabled.

1 Like