three finger brightness causing freeze then crash on touchbar

Hello,

I have a few customizations built for BTT and love it!

One that I have used flawlessly for a while is the three-finger slider on the touch bar to brighten and dim my screen.

I used the "small step" version for a while and it was great, but with my new workflow, I decided to remove the "small step" option.

Ever since I did that, BTT freezes whenever I try to use the 3 finger slider. Two fingers still work, and so does 4 fingers. But three-finger always freezes. It might be an issue with the commands.

I attached a console log.

I've tried all the standard restarting, resetting, reinstalling, and changing the slider settings.

I've just run out of ideas and the problem is repeatable so I thought I would report it.

BetterTouchTool_2020-06-07-160046_MacBook-Pro.crash (95.2 KB)

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP 2016
  • macOS version: 10.15.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.383

happening to me too

Could you send me the debug info to andreas@folivora.ai after triggering the issue? (Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Information).

It seems to be a problem with the first generation Touch Bar Macbooks as far as I can tell

just realised (I was tired when I said that yesterday) btt doesn't crash for me, it just freezes and I have to leave the touchbar for about 20 secs. ill send you the debug info when I can...

Here's a link to the debug info

1 Like