The Latest Better Touch has definitely issues with affecting mouse movement in OSX.

The mouse is staggering quite often and I'm not sure if this has anything to do that I'm using Wacom table and have drivers installed.
Perhaps there is a conflict?

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version:

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I haven't heard of conflicts with Wacom. Do you have any other mouse related tools installed?

Hi there,

I was just logging in to report this bug too. BTT totally makes all my mouse scrolling movement stutter. I'd even go as far to say it sometimes affects the text input, missing the two first characters I type in. I on the other hand am not using a Wacom tablet, I'm just using the regular trackpad, keyboard.

Please let me know if I can provide any diagnostic info or other things. Love the tool! I just switched it off for now, almost wanted to reinstall the computer until I switched off BTT and everything was suddenly silky smooth again.

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.716 (1026)

Usually such issues are caused by conflicting mouse or keyboard related apps. Unfortunately it's hard to collect diagnostic data for such things. Can you think of any app that could cause conflicts?

Okay, gotcha. Let me do some research and get back to you!

Ok for sure this issue is with Better Touch tool since when I turn it off and use similar app (Spectacle) mouse works fine. Only when I turn on Better touch issues start. I do use a good mouse ( Razor) but I uninstalled drivers since they had conflict with Wacom. So no additional app for mouse etc. I hope this helps and for now I have to keep Better Touch tool turned off.

unfortunately it is not that easy. BetterTouchTool itself can't cause such issues. However such problems can appear when running multiple apps that use the same mouse / keyboard listening techniques. Thus my question about other mouse/keyboard related apps.

If you don't have anything else installed it might indeed be a conflict with the wacom drivers. Unfortunately such conflicts are in many cases not solvable ;-(

Okay so I reinstalled my computer completely (also for other reasons) and left it blank. Bettertouchtool functions fine until I import with dropbox my old settings. Something there is causing the computer to stutter while scrolling / become sluggish with keyboard input.

I'm having similar issues for the past 10 days and looking for a fix. Based on Andreas comment I tried quitting karabiner, spectacle, keyboard maestro and every other app which deals with modifying keyboard/mouse input in any way. I do not have extra drivers for mouse (using built in trackpad) nor a wacom tablet but I still see significant mouse stuttering.

At this moment I've tried quitting every single app on my macbook but this stuttering only stops when I quit BTT. Sometimes restarting BTT will solve the stuttering for 10-15 mins before this whole thing comes back.

I do have dropbox sync enabled. I'll test that out to see if there's an issue.

This has been infuriating for the pas week. BTT is critical to my workflow but this mouse stuttering is not really acceptable in any form.

Definitely try turning off Dropbox sync, that is still a very experimental feature.

If that doesn't help, please go to the about view in BTT and click "Export Debug Information", this will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug that you can send to andreas@folivora.ai

Ha. Turning dropbox sync off has made a marked difference in stuttering. I've not noticed it for the past 6h.

BUT I do need that dropbox sync between my macbook and desktop. Even though those modifications are rare but it is still a tedious job to export and then import again.

@Andreas - What can be done now to fix this? Should I send the debug folder?

Yes sending debug info would be very helpful! (andreas@folivora.ai)

However Dropbox sync is not very high on my todo list currently as I will probably replace it with the rumored sync solution that Apple may provide in June. (and it's still marked as highly experimental feature)

I'd try to reset the Dropbox sync state in the prefs and possibly update to the latest alpha of BTT because I have updated the used Dropbox SDK

Since the last update (I think that's when it started) my cursor has been off & on sluggish with my bluetooth Apple trackpad while BTT is running. When I turn BTT off, it's snappy again.

EDIT- I just checked for a newer update and installed 3.202 (1378) and the cursor seems snappy again. I think whatever was done between this new version and the previous version I was running fixed the issue. Thanks for the great work.

I am also having issues with a Wacom Cintiq. Scrolling stutters a lot and clicks (especially in PS) are sticky. It would also be nice to have an option to keep the touch bar active when using a Cintiq (right now it just sleeps after 15 sec) if possible.