System Hangs & Trackpads Not Scrolling Consistently with Mojave 10.14.3 & BTT 2.756

Describe the bug
While BTT is running on Mojave 10.14.3, the system will momentarily hang when clicking, typing or scrolling. As soon as BTT is closed, the system responses return to normal.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Pro Trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2, Magic Keyboard 2.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2018 MacBook Pro & 2017 MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.756 (1067)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Do you have dropbox sync enabled? Some user were experiencing issues with that lately.

Usually such issues only appear when other conflicting keyboard or mouse related apps are running.

Hi Andreas,

I did have dropbox on one machine, but not on the other. Neither were syncing. This is an issue I literally have any time BTT is open.

In general it's a good idea to look in activity monitor for processes that take a lot of CPU when they shouldn't. (Such issues appear when the system is not able to process the event queue fast enough, this usually happens when multiple apps access the event queue or when something is taking up all the CPU).

Do you have other keyboard or mouse related apps installed?

Nothing unusual in the activity monitor and there are no other mouse or keyboard related apps.

Once I close BTT system returns to normal.

then it's hard to tell what causes the issue :frowning:
Do you use any regularly running scripts e.g. for Touch Bar customization?

You may also try to update to 10.14.4 as there have been quite a few fixes that also affect BTT.

Upgrading to 10.14.4 doesn't appear to have solved the issue. I did have some touchbar customization, but I've since disabled "Enable Touchbar Support" to see if that would clear the issue. It has not.

Then I'm a bit out of ideas. It could be all sorts of conflicts with other apps but these can be hard to track down.

Maybe go to the about view and click the "Export Debug Information" button. This will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug on your Desktop that you can send to andreas@folivora.ai, then I can check the logs. (Unfortunately in such cases there often is no unusual logs though).
You could also send me a list of the currently running processes from Activity Monitor (just cmd+a and cmd+c to copy the whole list in Activity Monitor).