Stream Deck - Can't interact with buttons from a disabled group, opened with "Open Stream Deck Group" action

Basically, the attempt is to do what another user is asking here: having a button (for example a widget) open a group on click, while hiding this stock group button.
I managed to do this by using the "Open Stream Deck Group With Name" action on the widget, and hiding the stock group button with Enable/Disable Selected Trigger context menu button. But I've recently noticed that all groups I've configured this way now correctly open but all buttons in it are unresponsive. I must restart BTT to get rid of the opened group.

From what I know, this is the only way to achieve the desired effect. Please let me know if there's another way to hide a button without disabling it.
I consider this a bug since it was working correctly in previous versions (I've built my whole Stream Deck setup with this logic). I can't tell exactly with which version it has been introduced though.

I guess there must have been some changes recently which disables buttons from a disabled group for performance reasons, or something else… What's sure is that it was working perfectly previously with the exact same configuration.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP M2 Pro
  • macOS version: 13.4.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.157

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

For example with this trigger, it opens the Now playing actions group. But all buttons in the group can't be clicked. If I enable the Now playing actions group, it works again. But it also shows the button, which isn't what I want.

Please let me know if I can be of any help to fix this.

I have exactly the same issue.

Didn't install an update on purpose.

I'll add a way to make this work again tomorrow!
I think a recent data model change which disables child triggers if the parent trigger is disabled is the cause for this issue. I'd like to keep this data model change as it is helpful for other stuff. I'll add a better way to make this work.

2 Likes

the new alpha should make this work again

Yep, can confirm it's fixed with latest alpha! Thanks a lot! :muscle: