I am using BTT ver. 3.562 on macOS Big Sur 11.3.1. I just found that when I activate the snap area function on BTT, preview.app shows the following problem.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open any PDF with text in Preview
- Search for any term you KNOW the document contains
- so you can see search results in the left bar
- Preview should jump on the first search result and show other results in the left bar, pretty normal stuff
- after that, click ANYWHERE in the document text
- like you would like to change focus of the window back to document
- like you would like to select some word with your mouse to copy that word
- Preview immediately freezes and mouse goes to spinning beachball
- Force quit of preview.app is the only way to make it work again.
This does not happen when I deactivate the snap area function on BTT.
A similar problem is reported below, but not for BTT, for another window management utility.