slowness while typing and moving windows around

Describe the bug
If I have BTT running (even if disabled for all Apps), after a few minutes or so, I will have delays in everything I do, including typing. It makes it difficult if not impossible to type or do anything else. It's so bad that when I type it keeps on skipping letters. Exiting BTT always fixes the issue.
I've closed all apps on my computer, thinking that one of them was causing the issue, but that doesn't seem to be it. I also don't have Slack.

Yesterday I first I exported 2 backups: the complete one and the triggers only. I then uninstalled BTT including all the config files and reinstalled from scratch. Before uninstalling, I left it like this for an hour and had no issues. I then reloaded the triggers only backup, and I started having issues again after a few minutes the problem reoccured. I then reuninstalled everything and started from scratch, manually adding gestures, but still no problems.
Is it possible that some trigger is making the rest of the computer not happy? By the way, I'm sharing my BTT config between my work and home computers, and both were getting the same slowdowns.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP 2014
  • macOS version: 10.14.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.862

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I think something about the Dropbox sync is behaving bad on some systems. If possible try to switch to icloud sync in the sync settings in BTT.

Ok, I did, reloaded the original backup file and set the sync to icloud and so far, so good :slight_smile: