Show return value w/ refresh UUID not working

Describe the bug
Scripts that show return value -and- that are set to refresh via UUID on press don't update.

I have many scripts that run a script and shows the value, these are often updated on press or updated on press of another button. Ie: I have a script that returns the volume level as a % when I change the volume. This % script is set to refresh via BTT using the UUID when I change the volume. However, it doesn't update anymore. I can run the script within BTT and see that the % does change (the script works).

Started happening only within the last 1 or 2 updates.

Simple test:

Create a script that shows the current time every 1 second:
set t to (time string of ( current date ))

now add an action on press that simply updates the script using UUID:
tell application "BetterTouchTool"
refresh_widget "1F93ECE7-508E-4CAB-B565-0A2432385E44"
end tell

The script runs fine until it is pressed; it then freezes.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
touchbar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2018 13" macbook pro
  • macOS version: 10.13.6 HS
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.601

Can confirm that this is broken in version 2.601, works fine in 2.600

This should be working again in v2.602!

1 Like

Yes! works great in 2.602; thanks for super quick reply

This stopped working again in 2.625 :cry:

Mhh seems to work fine here. (I don't think I have touched this since the last official release).

However in 2.618 I needed to run a database maintenance script because there was an issue where copying & pasting widgets could lead to duplicate UUIDs for different widgets. If your widget was affected by this, it is possible it got a new UUID.

I might have a different bug that's affaecting it. On initial BTT start, nothing happens I just see the osx touchbar. To get to BTT I have to toggle my keystroke that will toggle between BTT and osx TB, eventually the BTT responds and stays as default TB.

But, I don't see values, I only see the titles to my widgets. "Weather" "Spotify (now playing)" etc..

Toggling a few more times sometimes looks like BTT loads normally however my UUID updated widgets dont work.

I've gone to the mojave beta, and so could be due to that?

Ok uh, reinstalled 2.624 and it everything worked, then I reupdated to the latest alpha version and so far everything is working fine. Not sure what happend but seems to be something on my end or something with Mojave. I didn't change anything, just went to older version and back to latest

So for now all good :slight_smile: