Show/hide window isn't working as of version 3.2

Describe the bug
The show/hide window action now only HIDES a window, it does not Show anymore.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook keyboard shortcut

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook retina mid-2012
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one") 3.200

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

damn I added a stupid typo after I finished testing the modifications to that action.
Should be fixed in 3.201 (currently uploading will be available in 10 min). Alternatively check and uncheck any of the new options for that action, then it should also start working again.

Having similar issue:
BTT 3.200 and 3.201 - Show/Hide application action is not working for google chrome (v77) - instead it just crashes BTT. Works normal on BTT 3.195

Other Show/Hide triggers (E.G Finder,Iterm) work normally
MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6

Could you post a crashlog (They are available via the macos console app under user diagnostic reports).

3.201 seems to fix it for me for all apps.

Attached
BetterTouchTool_2019-09-14-164135_Mac.crash (93.8 KB)

Ah, that crash seems to say that somehow no app identifier (or a corrupted one) is saved for that crashing trigger. Are you sure that one works on 3.195?
I think re-recording the app will fix it.

I will upload 3.202 which will fix the crash though (it still won't be able to show hide the app until it is re-recorded)

Yes, It definitely worked on 3.195.
Re-recording did help to fix the issue - It also changed how the "saved app" is saved:

on 3.195:

35_6dmO5K

After re-recording on 3.201 ( Missing App Icon and using file:// URI) - but at least working...

12_5UGlpU

Note: Regarding the missing Icon - noticed that in apps without spaces in the name, the icon appears fine.

Ah yes, the icon thing is something I wanted to fix for a while, that should work in 3.202 alpha. (The file:// url is intentional for better portability). Currently uploading!

I don't see anything that could have broken this moving from 3.195 to 3.201, but I see why it would crash now if the old recording was missing some data. Maybe something got corrupted while copying the 3.195 config to the 3.201 format, but at least I don't think that's a general issue :slight_smile:

Confirmed: on 3.02 the icon is appearing fine. Thanks for the quick update! :slight_smile:

I don't know if it was a corruption because when I switched back from 3.201 back to 3.195 everything was working fine again with the same config.

I'm not a developer but, it looks to me that the crash occurs with app names with spaces in them ( my other apps were and still are working fine without the new file:// URI convention).
I cannot recall on which version I recorded my Google Chrome App trigger but my guess is that other people may have this issue if upgrading from a version prior to the file:// URI change...:thinking:

...Just my two cents

If you downgrade to 3.195 it will not use the new config, but instead use the previous one (BTT always keeps the old ones around for a while in case new versions broke or corrupted something). Thus if the new one has somehow been corrupted it won't affect the old one.

In general BTT takes care of pre-file:// configs (in even older versions it was using a yet again different format :-)). The file:// ones have proven to be the most reliable across APIs though.

That clears up a lot! :slight_smile: - Seems like your suggestion on corruption makes the most sense now of what happened...
It's always nice to know some about the internals of a program one uses so much... Thanks for a great app! :hugs: