Show BTT Icon on the left side (only if not showing macOS Control Strip) :: keeps turning back on

Configuration > Touch Bar > (gear icon for settings)

I can uncheck the "Show BTT Icon on the left side (only if not showing macOS Control Strip)"

But unchecking that box is not persistent. After machine sleeps the wee BTT icon is back:

I've written a KM macro to pull up the window and re-uncheck the box but it's messy.

That said, I know you've got more important things to attend to.

2¢ and thank you.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • macOS version: 10.15.1 (19B2106)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3209 (1336)

that sounds like some file permission error where BTT can't write to its own settings file. Do other settings in that screen persist correctly?
Did you recently migrate your data from another machine? Possibly the file permissions for the BTT settings file have been broken during that process (sometimes happens)

Hello Andreas. Thanks for the prompt reply. I did migrate my data. Please could you tell me where to find the BTT settings file?

Is this it??

Thanks again!

/a

That's the correct one.

I'm not sure what exactly causes this, but possibly the Apple guide for resetting permissions will help:

You could also just delete the file, then BTT will recreate it with the correct permissions. (However it will delete the settings you changed - the triggers etc. will not be deleted though)

A

Permissions reset, everything cool. Thanks so much.

Best

/a