Sharing my entire touchbar design

Hi guys!

I just wanted to share my current touchbar design - most of the widgets are from various people around the BTT community (with a few exceptions), so all credit goes to the respective creators. This post is just intended to serve as design inspiration for the community.

The overall design is:

• The right side, which contains the essentials, is shown in each group
  • The left side varies based on which application is open

The design:
The right side consists of buttons for the Philips Hue lights group, Google Translate, Emoji group, and a battery widget, current weather, button for utilities group, adjusting brightness, adjusting volume, and the current time (which also functions as a 'take screenshot' button).
The ESC button is always shown on the left.

No group:

Quit, Find, Settings, Keyboard light down, Keyboard light up, Current date

BTT:

Quit (Cmd+W), New widget, Delete widget, Copy UUID, Hide/Show widget, Settings

Desktop:

Open Bear (note-taking app), Dock widget

Utilities:

Currently playing, Keyboard light down, Keyboard light up, Toggle bluetooth, Toggle Caffeine

Philips Hue:

Current light % (up/down), Light status for each room (pressing icon turns on/off), Temperature in rooms

Emoji:

Just the emoji-widget with frequently used emojis

Brightness/Volume adjustment:

This is shown when brightness or volume adjustment buttons are pressed

Safari:

Find, Refresh, New tab, Next tab group, Previous tab group, Open Gmail in a new tab

YouTube:

Current video (time, length, and %), Current video title

Spotify:

Quit (Cmd+W), Shuffle, Repeat, Previous, Play/Pause, Next, Current track title

Calendar:

Previous (e.g. week or month), Go to now, Next, Select view (Day, Week, Month, Year)

Preview:

Highlight, Next, Previous, Toggle left-side overview, A timer to let me know when the university lecture is over (:slight_smile:), and a toggle for a swiping gesture for previous or next image/slide.

Chrome:

Close window and open a new one, Same but with incognito mode, Quit, Find, Refresh, New Tab, Open Gmail, Current status of microphone

Messenger:

Quit (Cmd+W), Go to chats 1-5

OneNote:

Highlight, Bold text, Italics text, Underlined text, Undo, Redo

Bear:

Quit, Bold text, Italics text, Underlined text, Notification center toggle

Draw IO:

Save, Duplicate element, Lock element, Show/Hide grid

Photoshop:

Undo, Export as .png, Show/Hide grid, Toggle element attachment, Duplicate element

Excel:

Custom Excel formula, Bold text, Italics text, Underlined text, Sum, Square, Sum Product

Word:

Set text alignment, Bold text, Italics text, Underlined text, Add new page

Finder:

Find, Previous folder, Next folder, New finder window, Desktop, AirDrop, Downloads, Quit (Cmd+W)

Right now, I am not attaching a .bttpreset file to this post, as I am not the original author of many of the widgets and scripts used, and some of the widgets are not currently working as intended. When I have gotten them to work, and have made an overview of the original authors (as I want to credit the authors of the scripts that are not mine), I might attach a preset file.

That is about the extent of my current touchbar design. It is very much tailored to my specific workflow, but I hope that it can serve for some inspiration for the touchbar designs that you guys around the community create.

Have a good one - cheers!

super cool!! the word and excel functions definitely intrigue me. insanely clean looking too. definitely encourage you to share and will be excited for that!

1 Like

Glad to hear! Will be looking into it :slight_smile: