Setting "Pinch In" trackpad gesture to "No Action" for Safari only works intermittently

Hi, I am trying to avoid Safari entering the "all tabs" view due to my accidentally triggering a pinch in gesture on my MBP's trackpad while performing two-finger scrolling.

So I added a "Pinch In" trigger for Safari to BTT, and set the action to "No Action". Unfortunately, that only seems to work about 50% of the time. So half the time, Safari ignores my pinch in gestures as I expect, but half the time it does not ignore it, and brings up the "all tabs" view.

This is on my 2018 MBP 15" running MacOS 10.14.6 and BTT version 3.206.

So performing a pinch out just prior to the pinch in increases the likelihood that Safari sees the pinch in (and triggers the all tabs view) even though I have BTT configured to do nothing as noted above.

@eric_sh I'm new to BTT, just for this one feature. I can't find a "No Action" action anymore though; it seems like if you choose No Action, the Action area is just blank. I want BTT to send a command to the system to take no action on that pinch; it seems like instead, No Action now just means: Don't enter any action into the configuration in BTT.

Does BTT still work, even 50% for you in Safari?

Thanks!

Hi, I had completely forgotten about that BTT setting! I still have it set (see screenshot), but I no longer have any issues with pinch in triggering the all tabs view in Safari. In fact, Safari seems to ignore all my pinch in and out gestures. I wonder if I changed a setting elsewhere?!

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.08.52 AM|690x366

So you got me curious, and I played around with this for a few minutes. As far as I can tell, the pinch in trigger I set up over a year ago does not prevent Safari from going to the "All Tabs" view at all. And you're right, choosing "No Action" leaves the "Assigned Actions" list empty. If I change the action to something else, I get the action AND Safari goes to the all tabs view.

If there's a way to make the gesture do nothing at all, like you I'm not seeing it.