Repeat actions for Touch Bar buttons delayed

Describe the bug
I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or if there might be a design decision behind it, but since the Long Press function was introduced for Touch Bar buttons, "Repeat action while button is pressed" doesn't work properly anymore. Specifically, when pressing and holding the button, it seems like BTT first executes the Long Press wait and only then starts to execute the repeated actions. Or in any case, there is an about half-second delay before repeated actions actually start (even if the repeat delay is set to an extremely small value).

After this delay, the repeat actions perform like they should (and like they used to before Long Press was introduced).

The way I see it, both functions should be mutually exclusive: If I have repeat actions configured, I can't sensibly also want to perform a long press on that button, and (probably) vice versa. So it might be wise to just make the user choose if he wants either repeated actions or a long press. (Though as I said, there may be use cases I haven't considered.)

At the very least, if no long press is configured, BTT should not make repeated actions wait for the (non-existent) long press.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2017 MBP
  • macOS version: 10.13.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.512

I have the same problem, shame it never got fixed, but I bypassed it like this:

Set repeat delay and long press duration to 0.01 sec and it will start firing after 0.01.