Reminders Widget: Improvements and AQT compatibility

Hi @Andreas_hegenberg!

I just saw the new reminders widget function of the calendar widget!

Everything below talks about the "one-event" mode or current day for the widgets.

It seems alright, however it doesn't seem to match AQT's script-based widgets yet.

• I can't assign actions to these on tap
  • Reminders widget only supports scanning for the current day, AQT's script based reminders widget scans the next week.
  • lowercase am/pm
  • text truncation
  • "No Reminders Due This Week" instead of "No More Events" or custom empty notice?

These would be so good to add to remove iCalBuddy dependancy!

Comparison:
Left is BTT, Right is script based. I made them the same as much as possible. Yes, the BTT reminders does have a reminders icon assigned but it isn't showing for some reason.

Also off-topic:

A better "No info" display of the weather widget is :globe_with_meridians: --° (or better yet, an exclamation-mark-wifi icon)

I'll add more options soon and for full customizability I'll add a scripting function to retrieve the events via Apple Script and then do whatever you want with them :slight_smile:

AM/PM however is retrieved from your system preferences (Language & Region => Advanced):

might need to check again

do you have a region override specified here:

?

Turned it off, (was set to EN)

Nothing seems to have changed

weird might be a macOS bug then, the docs for the macOS date formatter say this should work :man_shrugging: :slight_smile: Did you restart BTT after changing the region setting?

I'll check if I can add a workaround but that might be hard because BTT completely relies on the system date formatting :-/

yeah, I did restart BTT. I'll try it again
Nope, still caps

There is an option to set custom am/pm symbols, maybe I'll add that to the next version. That should override any system settings.

1 Like

Date widget acts the same too!

1 Like

Yup it seems like the date formatter ignores the user specified am/pm symbols for some reason. (Probably this setting is hidden so well in System Prefs that even Apple forgot about it :-P)) I'll report that to Apple and for now add an option to the region settings in BTT to override that.

1 Like