Refresh rate for Dock widget icons

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
I use the dock widget. When I quit an application, I still have the dot under its icon in the dock widget.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
  • macOS version: Mojave - 10.14.6 (18G87)
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one") : 3.172 (1351)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

It seems to go away fine here after a few seconds. (Not updating too often because it's eating quite a bit of CPU)

I just checked and my touch bar turned off after 1mn08 : I was stiil having the dot :frowning:

are you sure the app was quit completely? Did the dot vanish in the real macOS Dock?

Yes, I quit the app but the icon was still in the widget with the dot.

Did the standard macOS Dock still show the dot below the app icon or not?

OK, I understand : The widget only works with the applications that I keep in the dock.
It does not work with the other applications : they remain in the dock even after I close them.

Ah I see. These applications are currently only "refreshed" after switching to another app. I'll check whether I can do that refresh a bit more often.

It would be great :slight_smile: Thank you so much.

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg !

Any update on this? I'm having a similar 'problem'.

I use the dock widget to display Slack so I can see when I have notifications but, as you said above, it only refreshes when you switch apps, so sometimes I miss notifications for a while.

Would be great to have a setting for how often the widget refreshes, or the TB in general.

Besides this, everything is amazing and I'm surprised and delighted on a regular basis finding new ways to use BTT!! Thank you :slight_smile:

I am also experiencing massive delays between the real dock and the BTT dock in BTT v3.402. Help :slight_smile:

Up ^^
Same issue here. Very big delays (dozens of seconds) before an app icon disappears from the dock widget after quitting.