Red, Yellow, Green Button Bug

When clicking the red, yellow or green button the currently active foreground application is triggered in BTT not the application which button is pressed.

e.g. when I right click red button in Safari while Finder is active, the special setting is not executed.

Any device is affected.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac Pro
  • macOS version: Catalina
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.206

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

That's intended, however you can use the predefined action "Activate / Bring to Front Window Under Cursor" if you want to first activate that window.

Thanks for your reply. That's working, but we still have an issue, let me explain a bit more detailed:

I want to redefine the behaviour of the red button only for Safari, so I choose Safari in BTT on the left side (instead of "All apps") and define a new action for the red button.

This works fine as long as Safari is the foreground app. When a different app (e.g. Finder) is in foreground my custom action for Safari is not executed.

unfortunately that’s by design and can’t be changed - all app specific triggers in BTT will only work if the app is active.