Press a button vs image recognition?

Not really important: BTT cannot press buttons (like "Settings"). Right?

So the best way to do that is with the image recognition? Thanks.

If you enable the "Full Keyboard Access" option in the system settings, you can use the tab keys to switch between buttons. For instance, you can do so by pressing TAB - TAB - ENTER.

often you can use apple script to trigger such buttons, the system apple script editor or automator app allow you to record such scripts, these canthen be run by BTT

Thanks @SLE , I did not know that and it works. In certain situations it takes a lot of TAB to press to reach the button :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Andreas_Hegenberg. Automator unfortunately only records the mouse click and Scripteditor nothing at all. Probably I am doing something wrong.

weird, do the automator/script editor have permissions in System Preferences-> Privacy&Security -> Accessibility?

Yes, both apps have permission :slightly_smiling_face:

With image recognition it actually works well. Is there any reason not to do it this way?

I don’t see any reason not to (it will be a bit slower, but that should not matter)

Thanks Andreas. Then I do it that way. That it is (should be) slower I do not notice.