Preset is gone...

So I personalized the default settings a while back and used that as my master copy. When I updated BTT my personal settings were gone and I don't know how to restore it. My media button next to the calendar/time button in the control strip is gone too and I don't know how to fix that either. please help

If you open the BTT Touch Bar settings, do you still see your setup? So maybe your Touch Bar is just hidden?

Otherwise try in the main menu, Help => Import Settings From Backup

I don't exactly remember what all my settings were, but I think the setup is there and is not showing up in the touchbar

I would suggest to add a keyboard shortcut in BTT and assign the "Toggle BetterTouchTool Touch Bar" action, this allows you to show/hide the BTT Touch Bar at any time.

I have that already. I just don't see my personalized version of the touch bar when the BTT is toggled on. I think it's just the default settings that I see even though I am using my personalized version as the master copy.

Hi so I just updated BTT and it pops up at the top of the screen "your custom touch bar is currently hidden". It pops up for a second then disappears. What do I do now?

Open BTT Settings and click on the information on the settings window (below the Touch Bar Menu, top left)

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do I go to "Touch Bar Settings"?