Please allow us to write the file path in the Launch Application/Open File action.

I wanted to add a shortcut to open the preferences of the Alfred app.

These preferences are in the form of a file inside the application itself in the Applications folder.

So, using BTT's standard way, when you want to add a file/application to open, it will allow you to select the Alfred app, but it won't allow you to “open package contents” and select files inside the app.

I think a good solution to this would be to let us edit or add the file path, which the app already shows below the configured action, just not editable.

For the time being, I managed to solve it by adding the folder the file was in to Finder's favorites list in the sidebar, so that when BTT asks me to select a file I can navigate to it.

I whole heartedly support this request.
Moreover, I think this option existed in a previous version.

I say this because I already have a shortcut to open a Tinderbox file located in a DevonThink database. However, when I tried to create a new shortcut today to open a different file, I couldn’t navigate to the contents of the database like I did sometime in the past. Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers