Pasting from clipboard actions out of order

Describe the bug
I'm creating an action to expand a text snippit including contents from the clipboard (2 separate clipboard entries)
The snippits are being pasted out of order - with all plain text first and all clipboard text afterward. Here are the details of the actions included:

TOP LEVEL TRIGGER: key sequence /p
ASSIGNED ACTIONS:
paste text "first " (insert text by typing)
paste item from clipboard 2 (plain text)
paste text "third " (insert text by typing)
paste item from clipboard 3 (plain text)
paste text "fifth " (insert text by typing)

(A screenshot of this is attached below)

SETUP:
I copy "fourth " to my clipboard and "second " to my clipboard

EXPECTED:
As layed out in my action list (in order), the result should be:
first second third fourth fifth

ACTUAL:
I'm going to actually trigger the sequence below so you can see what really happens:
first third fifth second fourth

As you can see, all of the "paste text" actions are executed first in order (first, third, fifth). After that, all clipboard contents are pasted (second, fourth). This isn't the order I defined above.

I've tried adding delays, but that also didn't work. I managed to get the order correct by using the (BTT)@clipboard(BTT) text in one of the paste snippits, but that only allows me to access the first thing in the clipboard.

For now, I'm using a workaround by pasting and moving the cursor back and then pasting a bit, but this limits me to only two pastes and doesn't end the cursor in the correct spot.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Key Sequences / Typed words

Screenshots
33%20PM

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: High Sierra 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.102