Overflowing text in touchbar widgets worse in 3.335 (compared to 3.332)

Hello, I'm on a Macbook Pro 16, with macOS 10.15.2, and I'm using an AppleScript Widget that displays text with font size 14 and fixed width 160. I use "Align Center" to align text. The widget has no regular icon; it only has an alternate icon. I use this widget to display two lines, the first with font size 14 and second with font size automatically set (smaller than 14.) I use the character '\n' to display multiple lines.

I've noticed a change in how text appears when it doesn't fit the widget, and I think this change might be a bug.

Here's how the text

Swimming While It Rains
Lifeformed - Fastfall - Dustforce Original Soundtrack

looks in 3.332:
Touch Bar Shot 2020-02-23 at 03.36.17

And here's how it looks in 3.335:
Touch Bar Shot 2020-02-23 at 03.39.05

I don't think this is intended behavior; the second line doesn't get resized to fit the widget. Here's an example where the first line fits:
Touch Bar Shot 2020-02-23 at 03.44.42
Notice how the second line is cut off in a different manner than the 3.332 example.

Here is one more image from 3.335:
Touch Bar Shot 2020-02-23 at 03.51.32
In this image, only three dots are on the second line.

I also want to mention how the text below is displayed in 3.335:
Warm Cobblestone (Run, Don't Walk Variation)
Lifeformed - Immerse

This is displayed as

Warm Cobblestone (...
Lifeformed - Immerse

in 3.335, which is mostly okay, except in 3.332, the first line could fit one more character, in 3.332 this text was displayed as

Warm Cobblestone (R...
Lifeformed - Immerse

This might also be due to some increase in padding.

Finally, in case it helps, here's the preset (with BTTAlternateIconData removed for brevity):
[
{
"BTTWidgetName" : "Spotify",
"BTTTriggerType" : 639,
"BTTTriggerTypeDescription" : "Apple Script Widget",
"BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeTouchBar",
"BTTPredefinedActionType" : 49,
"BTTPredefinedActionName" : "Launch Application / Open File / Start Apple Script …",
"BTTLaunchPath" : "file:///Applications/Spotify.app",
"BTTEnabled2" : 1,
"BTTRepeatDelay" : 0,
"BTTUUID" : "0A13BAB3-EF0E-40B3-91D6-4D66A15206B8",
"BTTNotesInsteadOfDescription" : 0,
"BTTEnabled" : 1,
"BTTModifierMode" : 0,
"BTTOrder" : 5,
"BTTDisplayOrder" : 0,
"BTTMergeIntoTouchBarGroups" : 0,
"BTTAlternateIconData" : "Removed - An extremely long string for the Spotify icon",
"BTTTriggerConfig" : {
"BTTTouchBarItemPadding" : 0,
"BTTTouchBarButtonColor" : "54.000000, 54.000000, 54.000000, 255.000000",
"BTTTouchBarItemPlacement" : 1,
"BTTTouchBarAppleScriptStringRunOnInit" : true,
"BTTTouchBarAlwaysShowButton" : false,
"BTTScriptType" : 0,
"BTTTouchBarScriptUpdateInterval" : 5,
"BTTTouchBarButtonWidth" : 160,
"BTTTouchBarItemIconHeight" : 22,
"BTTTouchBarButtonTextAlignment" : 3,
"BTTTouchBarButtonUseFixedWidth" : 1,
"BTTTouchBarAlternateBackgroundColor" : "54.000000, 54.000000, 54.000000, 255.000000",
"BTTTouchBarAppleScriptUsePath" : 0,
"BTTTBWidgetWidth" : 400,
"BTTTouchBarColorRegex" : "Spotify",
"BTTTouchBarItemIconWidth" : 22,
"BTTTouchBarLongPressActionName" : "",
"BTTTouchBarButtonName" : "Spotify",
"BTTTouchBarButtonFontSize" : 14,
"BTTTouchBarIconTextOffset" : 5,
"BTTTouchBarAppleScriptString" : "if application "Spotify" is running then\r\ttell application "Spotify"\r\t\tset currentArtist to artist of current track as string\r\t\tset currentTrack to name of current track as string\r\t\tset currentAlbum to album of current track as string\r\t\treturn currentTrack & "\n" & currentArtist & " - " & currentAlbum\r\tend tell\relse\r\treturn "Spotify"\rend if",
"BTTTouchBarOnlyShowIcon" : false,
"BTTTouchBarFreeSpaceAfterButton" : 8
}
}
]

Thanks for reporting!
Could you check how it looks like with 3.339 alpha? (currently uploading will be online in 5 minutes)

I tried the 3.339 alpha. The issue is mostly fixed, I don't get weirdly cut off text and oversized second lines now, when "Truncate with ellipsis" is true. I believe you may have increased text padding slightly; for some text, the widget can fit one less character than before. That could be a problem for people with many small text buttons. I believe in 3.332 the setting "Extra Padding (Inside)" applied padding to both sides of the button evenly in 3.332 when text was center aligned; that's not the case anymore in 3.339. Maybe you could bring that feature back; then text identical to 3.332 could be obtained with negative padding.