Option "Allow systems apps like iTunes or xCode to replace the BTT Control Strip Icon" does not work

Good morning everybody,

today I downloaded for the first time BTT and in the general option's tab I selected the option:
"Allow system apps like iTunes or xCode to replace the BTT Control Strip Icon". Unfortunately, I notice that when for example iTunes was running in background the BTT icon in the control strip changed two or three times with the iTunes's one, but in the end there were always the BTT's one. I tried to restart BTT several times, even to restart my Mac, but unfortunately all attempts went wrong.

Is there a way to fix it?

The version that I''ve installed is 2.506 (844) and I'm using macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017.

Here a screenshot of the option's panel.

Thank you!

Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore with the recent macOS versions.
The easiest workaround is to disable "Show betterTouchTool Icon in Control Strip" in the General Touch Bar settings and instead define a keyboard shortcut and assign the predefined action "Toggle BetterTouchTool Touch Bar".

By doing this you can toggle the touch bar by pressing a keyboard shortcut you define.

Ok, really thanks for the tip.